This is my current TRACTOR . I call it my Ox , after a Bible passage. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I guess , with my limited grey matter. Some of...
Minneapolis Moline , RT , narrow front end. It was our only tractor. Dad put a JD 2 point hitch on it for the sicky bar mower. We logged with it,...
Dry Red Alder is great firewood ! We have that in some places in Southeast. Makes Great firewood
That's not cold by our normal weather. 40 below it cold 50 below is really quite cold 60 below is Very cold. I've been in colder working outdoors...
Nice looking machine ! Really nice looking woodshed !!!!
I've used a bunch of hydraulic splitters. Done 25-35 cord of wood with them over the years. Never bought one. I bought a kinetic and am totally...
[ATTACH] A nice bed of poplar coals. Our temps have been swinging up and down a lot here. At 7 pm it was 24 below , at 9:15 pm it was 13 below...
Tomorrow, if I can remember to , I'll angle cut a 5" dia poplar and count rings. I remember rudely laughing at someone in Salcha than was...
One piece of advice I would give to all is . Top them where they get tiny. Small tops are much easier to deal with and put much less stress on the...
[ATTACH] I prefer the rope bridge . The Cougar came with a factory rope bridge . Due to the rings it was spliced to I had to do the rigging plate...
I'm going to make others with about 10" longer tubular webbing. But keep the overall length the same. That will give me longer tails on the beer...
For a while I used a Petzel GriGri to repel with. Now it has been sent to the rigging side. It is a good piece of gear for several things but I...
Some of my other gear.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Top pic is the Hitch Hiker with an advance tether I had on the biner. Bottom is the web short sling I...
[ATTACH] Weaver Cougar saddle . I had just converted it to rope bridge with small rigging plates and Sampson Bigfoot line . Most of my...
I didn't proof read my last post. There was a 2 foot diameter hole in the center. I fell the stob. That is what we call a tree that broke off. I...
[ATTACH] When cutting timber in Southeast Alaska I've fell thousands of trees that were growing very well when Christopher Columbus sailed the...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Me , clearing an underground power line right of way in Valdez in a whole bunch of peoples back yards. 30 year old cottonwood ....
As much pain as they caused me , it's hard to understand why I climbed in them for so long. Eventually I made a pair of swivel pads on my...
[ATTACH] These are what I use now. Big Bucks. I made my own straps . super comfortable I've spent over 7 hours a day in these and they were just...
Its funny how some things shrink as we get older. Our nextdoor neighbor growing up was a cattle dealer that was revitalizing an Old homestead...