I grew up with one of these in my hand[ATTACH] And had a career of this.[ATTACH] And this[ATTACH] Ya gotta be able ta do stuff a bit un normal....
When I was young and strong , rounds up to 100 lbs was no problem. Now about half that is still OK.
I learnt it as a boy in central Maine. I never saw anyone doing it up here until they learnt it from me. No doubt there are thousands of people up...
I have a real soft spot for the 394/395 Husky . I've cut many millions of board feet of timber with 394s I started running 394s the first year...
One thing about splitting by hand. Practice makes perfect. I use the flip split method alot. = If a round is too tough to split in 1 lick. I...
It turned back to winter here. Or at least freeze up temps. Currently +3°F. Poplar and 1 split of white spruce in the stove. Feels nice both...
Which brand of epoxy did you use ? Looks like it is not affected by the heat.
It's all Silver Poplar. I fall it in the winter. Leave it lie over the summer. It leaves out and the leaves live most of the summer. Sucking the...
Probably needless to say , bit , I REALLY like the 650 Arctic Cat 4 wheeler !!! I had a Polaris 500 Sportsman , and it was a good 4 wheeler. But ,...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] A couple of the sleds I've built and used. The one with the spruce poles on it has hauled more than 120 cord of...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] I made this from a bomb wagon frame. 1/2" aluminum. My plan is to build walking beams that swivel independantly so I can...
Ok. My bad.
Sorry; wrong thread
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] I built this trailer from the frame of a military munitions tarmac and airborne wagon
Some ridiculous thing like +34 here at 9 pm. I put some fairly dry poplar on a few coals left over from the day time. Opened the draught a bit....
I'm guessing the Jred2166 is a red and black version of the Husky 266. If so , it's a great saw. I've had some 266s. Fell a bunch of timber with...
Its +27°F here atm. A little snow is falling. Not much. Poplar in the stove. Throttled down pretty good. At my work. A snow day means extra...
I would Love to have nothing but white ash to burn . But ya know the saying about wishing in one hand and something else in the other. I also am...
I like poplar and cottonwood. Where I live , the choice is white spruce, black spruce , silver poplar and cottonwood. White Spruce burns up too...