Been in the 60"s daytime fact it was still high 50's this morning 3 AM so stove is currently cold. Sure is strange weather I do not remember a...
I look at oaks this way anything that will reduce the air draw from inside the house is going to help keep my hard earned heat in the house. And...
mobile home stove requires OAK ( outside air intake) to be compliant with codes. Course the mobile home I used to have -the whole place was an...
Only thing I do not like about key dampers is they get in the way when cleaning flue- note I have only had straight shot flues- they do become a...
Sure starting to sound like wet fuel. What is the temp out side? 30nc is a bit picky in temps above freezing to get going. and just maybe what...
I sorta remember when my 7900's looked all new and shiny like that- note: didn't last long:D
Must be a couple running around the shop - springers have been driven me nutz all morning. Nothing in the traps yet.
Yes I made the new boards about an inch ( give or take) longer ( note they are 1" thick as well) as well as wider to eliminate the infamous gap....
Down draft would have smoke coming into room typically so I would vote for cap restriction particularly if you have the wire mesh type for...
375 Weatherby- under impractical- but you can use 375 hh rounds in it. rifle weight is just shy of 14 lbs , 1/4 min accuracy at 600 yards with...
Update: with the 1" thick boards up top fire box retains higher heat longer- so it seems that i am achieving a more complete combustion and less...
First time in a long time no $.20 price hike for the holiday weekend.
I remember reading somewhere that a domed top to a fire chamber was more efficient in the scheme of things. Might have been to do with kilns, but...
Take a que from the boys that guard the unknown soldier tomb at Arlington , super thick soles on the shoes/boots to insulate from ground weather...
That likely had a cast iron grate in the bottom if there is some type of ash drawer
With the addition of the pellet burn starting to look like a Wiseway unit.
addendum: fuel reads 13-15% fresh face bandsaw cut, meter across the grain- hickory and Honey Locust. Harbor freight meter for what its worth....
Back when I purchased this material a 4x4 ft sheet was about $50. Because this is 1" thick you need to drop the second tube material is not...
No this isn't about obtaining new ones. But rather reducing the draft rate at perhaps a bit richer oxygen rate. This morning, to see what effect...
Seen plenty towed, Have towed my own. That said if ya got really nice smooth roads well maybe ok but they bounce around alot. Rough roads trailer...