I don't know about all of you, but I have a plan to cut split and stack like crazy this weekend. Must be that being stuck in this office is...
Same here, 25 acres of hardwoods, but if I can find a craigslist freebie, i will cut others first!!!
I am using a 12-13 cf firebox on my furnace, which seems huge (30''x23"x32"). Definitely not the most efficient, but keeps me in the woods :dex:
Can you use the hookaroon as your cane? A little heavy, but bad azz and always prepared for the wood:dex:
You may be able to fill your basement for the winter once the colder dryer winter weather sets in. Each home is different, but there always is a...
I use a few sticks on each pile that are 2-3x in length. I like your idea though.
In my last house, I tried to store wood in the basement. The biggest issue I had was that the basement was so humid in the summer, some mold...
I have the same issue. I solved it by buying a 20 ft landscape trailer. I fill the truck and trailer as full as I dare, which cuts down on the...
Yes, I cut everything 22 to 24 inches in length. I don't split most pieces under 8-10 inches . It keeps s fire over night, which I love. It's...
Mine are as follows: Stove: Charmaster wood/oil combo forced air unit (170,000 btu input on oil) burns 2/3-1 cord of wood per week in coldest...
for $200 to $300 you can get a nice electric sharpener that will last you forever if taken care of. I got one of the oregon models and have had...
Sounds like a female chain, not enough attention and wham Glad you are safe
Nice truck!! I regret trading in my tuned 6.4L King Ranch every day. Time to load that trailer up with some logs right!!:dex:
Welcome to the site. The link has some good info to get you started. The Stihl Manual that came with your same (if you got it new), has some...
I do the same thing. I have made over $3,000 over the last 3 years with the points on my credit card. If someone is going to hack you, they can...
Jim, I have been a member for only a short period and the forum is a great bunch of guys. I am sure you will find it valuable in more ways than...
Glad it all worked out. The issues you had are not uncommon midst comstruction. If they are shooting with a laser, which they appeared to be,...
Good habit. I like to put a few pieces right next to the indoor furnace for a day or two, just to catch a few percent of the residual moisture....
Nice setup and work. Best vacation a man can have right!
very nice. I have some of that in the racks also.