Finally got the railing and handrail mostly finished and installed. Still have to finish the moldings at the base of the newels. That's why they...
Spartacus! What a great name for that little man.
I was in your shoes almost exactly a year ago. Now is a great time to get into putting up fast-drying cord wood and working out what stove,...
Tulip Poplar and Cherry also dried really nicely for me in 6-12 months. Split small and get wind and sun on it.
Burn times. We have had a couple of long, cold nights where our stove could only go about 8 hrs and then the oil furnace had to kick in. A...
I'm new to burning this year so I have only a few months experience with only one stove so I may not be the best resource. FWIW, I was very...
Our first nomination for the "Post of the Year" award. This is why we hang out here!
Both are highly reputable brands. BK=catalytic, PE=secondary burn/non-catalytic. Lots of people run these brands and are very satisfied.
Nice. Those are some spiffy rides.
"How low can you go." As a general principle, the lowest airflow you can achieve for the desired temperature (heat output) should be the most...
QS sycamore is BEAUTIFUL and under appreciated.
The original P.I. [MEDIA]
Dang, 2.5 cu. ft. is about perfect for our house. We have a 2.0 cu. ft. PE Alderlea, and we get a solid 8 hours of heat, but on the coldest...
That's a super common surname in central PA. No doubt your ancestors come from here.
I agree with whoever chose this. It's beautiful country for sure.
That's really nice. We have an "Augie" right now. He needs a lot of attention and work, but he is my ever-loving buddy. Classic "high-risk vs....
This Popoki the cat. As you can see, he's healed up nicely from his losing effort at kitty fight club a while back. He loves to lay on this...
Mr. Smokey (his ashes) made it home to his final resting place on our mantel tonight. He joined the other 10 from the last 8 yrs. We are blessed...
Our little Rosy is definitely a beagle mix. She loves chasin' varmints, even into snow banks.:D [IMG]
Welcome! Looks like you'll fit in great here. You've got some nice "toys" there.:thumbs: I'm very jealous of the tractor and mill.