Sounds cool, but definitely not the same here stateside. "Gums" are eucalypts from the family Myrtaceae and are notoriously hard and dense. What...
Too many rocks around here and operator error will kill any of my chains before they are filed too far. This is why I've invested in a 1/2 roll...
Said neighbor is an awesome dude. He's getting way up there in years so he has to depend on his sons to C/S/S the wood for the smoke dragon in...
Actually, if I didn't already have over 3 MBF of lumber here already:D, I'd be milling and drying the trunks as lumber. Also, you can see the...
Actually, I'm going to leave them there for a while since they are nice and up off the ground and I have about 1-1.5 cord of rounds already...
Looks like it.
The storm last night took out these red oaks (~18-20" DBH). The roots and most of the trunks are on my property. The tops are on my neighbor's....
I'm up in PA and we have black gum here. It's a small, junky, understory tree up here. I has interlocking grain so it is hard to split by hand,...
One last pict. Aluminum tape covering the sins of my mutilating the flex ducting. [IMG]
I'm not a fan of my log rite. I much prefer my Council. Never seen a Dixie.
Less than 15 miles from where I grew up. Definitely a visionary. However, also terribly racist and antisemitic. Different times.
Jealous of you all. Wet and miserable outside here and worse for tomorrow. Maybe it will clean up later this week.
BTW, I have to give credit to @Eatenbylimestone on H--rth.com for cluing me into the dryer vent thingy. It only took a Dremel and some tin snips...
When I first bought the stove, the salesman recommended starting off without the blower because "it's easy to add it on later." Riiiight!
This turned out to be a good rainy day project. It should have been ridiculously easy to just screw in two screws. Several hours later and a lot...
Jason, will do. If you find yourself up near Hershey/Harrisburg/Palmyra before then, just let me know. I have them set aside for you.
@Jason, I've got "The Bandsaw Book" Lonnie Bird, 1999, Taunton Press, Inc. and "Cutting Edge Band Saw Tips and Tricks: How to Get the Most Out of...
About 10 yrs. ago I picked up one of the last Made in the USA, Delta 14", 3/4 hp, bandsaws at a garage sale. I put the riser block in so I can...
You beat me to it! I was going to offer to resaw your maple for you. What size saw wheels, motor, etc. I have some "books" (you know, the things...
Anyone ever done a top bar hive? Warre or Kenyan? Supposed to be healthier for the bees. (?)