If there’s no trophy I don’t want to play :rofl: :lol:
The bark is a dead ringer for Japanese Maple, but the wood should have a heavy solid feel to it, unless it’s been dead a while.
It definitely has a unique smell and it’s dioecious.
I have used a few cs2000’s in the past and don’t remember anything remarkable about them other than being inexpensive and they cut good enough....
The splits with the light sapwood and center pith look like Kentucky Coffeetree. Their native range includes some of NY. The bark in some pics...
The splits are cleaner than any Hickory I’ve ever split, unless it has been standing dead and on the verge of punky. At that point there’s no...
Logs gotta be worth 2.5 million. Should be plenty to fund more saws and port work. :thumbs:
Dang I was hoping for a link to jump on :dancer:
Ms261c is the perfect 16” bar saw.
Looks like an awesome day in the woods :salute:
I’m glad it’s still attached! Smashed fingers hurt like a beech. :emb:
They might want to impale trespassers, or kill children playing in the yard.
Welcome to FHC! Yes that’s too many words for me. There are species that dry quicker if you’re in a hurry. Dead standing trees are a good place to...
Monkeypuzzle tree [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Reevaluate the situation in June :rofl: :lol:
Yellowwood
Stacking logs :dex: I have some red oak logs stashed until/if the ground dries up some.
[ATTACH]
Fify [ATTACH]
That’s flat out giving the time and fuel, or wood away. wth