Welcome to the club and another one from Ohio. You will find everyone will go out of there way to help a fellow wood addict.
Got 2 scared 3 today. I have always been an opportunist when it came to groundhogs. Actually took my chair out and set up under the apple tree....
Nice looking stack and the split have a straighter grain than the beech I just worked up. Got through the log with my MS250, but it work the saw...
Makes sense to me. I didn't know if it was useable. I probably have around 20 to 25 board feet. N.E Indiana. Fired a PM your way.
Thanks for the link. The wood looks beautiful. I was laid up most of last year's burning season and my wife got a little tired of toting wood. She...
I have several board feet of walnut that my dad cut and had milled about 15 years ago He gave it to me. I did not seal the ends. It had been...
I have at least 4 large ash trees on the property that are either dead or in the process of dying. Can it be used for limber? What does the grain...
Been hot here for the last 2 days. Today was very humid and the forecast is not showing much relief in the next couple of days. Moved about 1/2...
I would say not. It was cut into logs 2016, split and stacked Dec and Jan this year. It is the start of my 3 year plan. I will make a stack with...
Great you got to go along and beautiful pictures. I wish my wife was into wood making. She could care less until it is cold. To her credit, she...
What would be the minimum drying time on Beech? I have a few Beech logs that I am dying to tear into. The logs were cut in 2016 or 2015. I have 2...
Thanks for the link and thanks to all that responded. At first I was thinking about a fancy pit, but to heck with putting on heirs. It is all...
Groundhogs 0 Me 2. Got a big-un today and a little one. The little one will be in the pan tomorrow. A little country fried groundhog. I've been a...
After seeing the Maple at Shawn's place, it got me thinking about trees close to structures. It is ok now, but 10 years when it is bigger and I am...
I found a mulberry tree volunteerly growing about 20 feet from my barn. It is already fruiting. Are mulberrys sturdy trees? Could it give me...
Me too. My ars is close to the ground. Sean must be a h**l of a tall man to take it in the shins.
At least not this time of year. lol
Don't wear the jewel protector, but do wear steel toed boots with metatarsals. To many times doing a dance with the tennies.
Burning down accumulated brush and junk wood today. I plan to scoop the ashes out and make proper pit for entertaining and enjoyment. Show me...
Wish I would have known you was into fly-fishing at the MI GTG. I don't own a Fenwick, but they have been around for a while. You did good. My...