You maybe on to something here. The first time the pile was stacked by my grandson and was a little shaky. We I restacked it, it was very solid. I...
Just discovered that one of my wood piles, around a face cord, fell over again. Second time with this pile. It is about 75% Ash running between...
Great looking stack and free to boot.
I have listen to several warning on radio about the Asian Long Horn Beetle. As far as I know it is only in SE Ohio at this time.
Blackwalnut Thousand Canker Disease The article appears to be from 2010. I was in Missouri last week and saw a "Do Not Move Firewood Sign". They...
No fire for the immediate future. 5 day forecast: Highs 80s and lower 90s. Lows in the 60s. I believe I had already set a few fires this time last...
Thanks for all the responds. I've been out of town for the last 1 1/2 weeks so I didn't get a chance to read them. Thanks for the link. They have...
Search results for: 'Saw mill' Not ready to pull the trigger yet, but was looking at it in their flyer with interest. Anyone have one of these?...
My dad had a similar problem with a Stihl he bought back in the early 70's. It was a good beer drinking saw. Cut wood like mad for 15 minutes,...
Quicker is not always best. Working smarter is. I noticed we are the same age. I could split more wood quicker if I just threw the splits on the...
Game cam. I like the idea. How ever my grandson, not the klepto, just set his up. I will see if I can borrow my son's for now. How do they work as...
Spent the day buying hasps, locks and installing them. Foiling the kleptomaniac grandson's source of gas and money. Took all the guns to a...
Thank you for posting this thread. The muzzle loading club use to have a rendezvous the 1st weekend in Nov. I will have to dig out my skins, see...
$24 a pound! Holy crap. I went to the cupboard to see what power I had. It was 4f so I will have to get some. The muzzleloader shop that was...
Impressive pile of logs. Isn't amazing that we go out to do a particular job we hate and end up processing wood instead? Happens here all the time.
Looks great. What are the dimesions of each bay and how many cords to each bay? I am kind of looking at storage options. I burn about 2 1/2 cords...
That feather is fantastic. Two years ago, I got my tying vise and started to tie in the winter months. With that kind of artistic skills, I would...
I need to build a wood shed and have been giving it much thought. I have been thing about building several portable covered wood racks. I could...
In the past, I have left my wood un-covered until Sept. for this years burnings. I am finally ahead of the game a little. I have several piles,...
Tried many times with no results.