I like compairing ash from different species. Like , ash, for instance, produces a lot of fluffy ash. I usually have to clean the stove once...
That Eric VW sure is special.......:wacky: That's one of the many reasons we love him!
The deer were out the field during the storm Saturday afternoon, haven't seen them since, they're hunkered down in the thicket! [ATTACH]
Nope. We got around 8 " of snow, and then at midnight it turned into a steady rain which knocked it down to about 6" of snow/slush. It quickly...
We got three nice mill logs out of it!! And a half trailer load of firewood....
Well, blacksmith and I literally just got done cleaning up the mess and loading the firewood before the snow hit.....it's coming down steady right...
We took down a 65' pin oak this morning. Literally just got finished cleaning up and loading up the firewood from it when it started to snow!...
Piped and all!! Looking forward to this thread! What all are you doing to the saw? Looks to be in phenomenal shape!
I love this. Thanks for sharing bud!
We live along the former PRR mainline, down the line in a nearby town (Huntingdon, PA) there used to be a MASSIVE ice processing plant, along the...
Well done, my friend! blacksmith and I are headed out to take down a dead oak this morning, I'll get some pics......
Gotta have the bare necessities! BEER!!
Time for a remake!!
Well, today is "THE DAY" the big storm is s'posed to hit us, somewhere around 1-2pm. Pic of the NZ3000 before I put the first load of the day in...
You better not!!
Well, the Euro model as of this evening has me excited!! We are near one of those light pink clusters in west central PA. But it keeps changing....
You probably won't find it, but just by trial and error from using it many years, I've found it to be about right between red maple and sugar...
Ours went to rain.....now it's back to snow again!?!?! These azzholes drive me nuts!!
I actually did that tweak, needed to be able to put more pics in the Shemane GFM thread for the raffle at OPE.
Sure looks like Norway maple to me. And Norway ain't bad, it's better than red maple, but not quite as good as sugar maple. It's in between...