Good morning FHC. We got back from our place up north last night. We were busy with a lot of satisfying work around the gardens and yard, but...
If it is well aged manure it should provide a good slow release of nitrogen, and not impact your harvest at all.
Same as many others here....clouds, cold and rain off and on all spring. It is 53f, drizzling and breezy here today. Things are looking up for...
I think the plants will benefit if the limbs are cut so that none of the leaves on them are in contact with the ground. I also use a heavy mulch...
That sounds like a great summer to me. I have never fished for catfish, but they are pretty plentiful in the Mississippi and Minnesota rivers near...
He ended up going back to the lake today Midwinter. They are not legal to keep until tomorrow in MN. He would have been a good eating spring time...
We are about 2 weeks behind so it is mostly pumkinseed in the shallows now, with a few bluegill, bass and pike mixed in for good measure. The...
Good Morning. There was a break in the rain and I have the day off so.... Slipped in a hour and half of fishing this morning. I got a limit of...
I woke up wide awake at 3:30. Just catching up on FHC and few other things. I get to work around 6 and am off today at 3. If it is dry enough in...
Good Morning T. Jeff Veal. Checking in from up north up bright and early. Birds are singing already and 55f. Rain has finally stopped.
Looking ahead in the 10 day forecast, I think winter is over until fall 2019. Duluth MN received 2.5" over the weekend for a May 2019 total of...
62f here now after low of 35f this morning. Had frost on the truck windshield this morning, but the garden came through it just fine, even the...
That is all I use as well OldJack. - 91 non-oxy and Seafoam. Never drain any power equipment and everything starts just fine in a couple pulls or...
36f with a dew point of 25f, so we will have some frost. I am just hoping for no significant ground frost across the entire garden.
Hopefully soon we can stick a fork in this thread until at least October!
Me too. I only raise them as far as them taking up residence under my shed and in my bushes. I use the .22 with Aquila Super Colibre 19 grain...
Our biggest problem here are Japanese beetles which can weaken the trees by eating much of the foliage in July. The two trees that they really set...
This front is coming your way. It is a real weather maker!
Dropping temp now to 41f (edit just dropped to 40f within the last few minutes with 30f windchill), rain is letting off finally. Touch and go...
A good amount of mulch should be very helpful for gardening down there.