Good Morning. Had a great revelation when I woke up at 3:50am. Thought for moment it was a day to get ready for work, then realized I am off work...
Been there justdraftn. I know how your feel. Best advice I ever got from one of my gardening mentors after discussing impact of a severe storm...
There is no doubt that we are heading into late summer/early fall. You can see it in the sun angle. It is mostly dark now till around 5:30 AM. It...
I see Kindston Ont. on the map...great area. When we lived in Hovland MN we did some of our shopping and took the kids out to the movies and...
This year we have gone from a low of -28f to a high of 98f in the Mpls area of MN. At our old homestead in northern MN is was even more drastic...
That looks like a good garden and some nice healthy plants. Where are you located Loon? I love the garden chairs. We do the same thing. Nothing...
We eat a lot of garlic year round. I dry it, trim off the leaves and roots, dust it off a bit, then store in the basement in mesh bags hung on...
Yes Farmer Steve. We used some of them in our cooking along the way. I also froze a bunch which will be incorporated into our yearly supply of...
[ATTACH] In addition to the 50 or so garlic I have already pulled, I just pulled another 70 garlic. I am going to plant second crop of spinach and...
We just had storm move through that broke some 90f heat. It is still raining after at least 5" in a short time, and it cooled down to 70f which is...
We, as a family moved to Hawaii for two and half years from MN. I was almost 13 when we moved back home, and all 7 of us were ready to do so. It...
Right now the living is easy. I love all our four seasons, as each one has it's own interesting patterns and activities...but fall and winter are...
The first signs of the transition from summer to fall I notice here comes around the second weekend in August. This is when the ground is starting...
It is my favorite kale. The leaves are more robust and firm then the scotch curled or blue kales I grow. It is also called lacinato or "black...
[ATTACH] My biggest zucchini plant with cukes in the background [ATTACH] Onions, leeks and carrots. Except for the far right row, leeks and...
[ATTACH] Some of my basil, bordered by wild flowers, a giant sunflower and zucchini. [ATTACH] Beets, dill, okra, peas, red raspberries, another...
[ATTACH] beans, garlic, cilantro, basil and tomatoes. Strawberries on ground on far left. [ATTACH] From left to right: Lupine, dinosaur kale,...
[ATTACH] Yarrow and tomato plants which are setting lots of fruit [ATTACH] Honycrisp apple tree fruit set, asparagus ferns, zinnia and...
I put out two bags on the perimeter of my property last summer. When they got loaded I placed them in the deep freezer for 20 min then dumped them...
I got out every afternoon I am home and pick them off my asparagus and red raspberries and drop them into a ice cream pail with some water in it....