Nice grab :thumbs: The rough bark looks like black cherry to me but I'm not familiar with the sour variety, so it could be. Cherry for sure either...
Thanks Brad. It definitely felt good to grab a quick load again. I can only watch others have fun for so long before I have to give in to the...
I typically don’t hoard much in the summer anymore, but I made an exception for this black birch. It came down a couple days ago in a...
Looks like a white pine from a distance, whose needles come in clusters of 5. If that’s the case, better get permission from King George before...
I cut 6 yellow birch rounds about a month ago, also 4 red oak rounds, and another 4 dead ash rounds last week. Other than that I've stuck to my...
What's the deal Brad, you only process wood if it's above 85 degrees outside? :wacky:That'll make for happy customers. Looks good my friend.
Oops, I somehow missed your comment. I was marveling at the size of my pokeweed plants today, searched for this thread and just saw it. I haven't...
Say, that's a cool arborist view of an interesting looking tree. Not to derail the discussion further but is that a Kentucky Coffee Tree?
I’m glad I only planted 2 ghost pepper plants this year. o_O Lots of fruit and the plants are still flowering. Not much longer and these will be...
We had quite the deluge coming down yesterday, but it’s a sunny with a light breeze now. I’m definitely looking forward to daytime highs in the...
You’re correct on the birch; that particular variety is gray birch. It’s a common yard tree and pioneering species in the wild. I scrounged some...
Yeah maple is a workout more often than not, especially with the crotches and knots. Black locust wood is pretty brittle so even on the crotch...
IME it's not bad at all. Not as easy as straight grained oak, but better than sugar maple.
For what it’s worth there are 6 people living in my house sucking up electricity and I’m there the least. But yeah this past month being high 80s...
This is the plan to force people to get solar, to the massive benefit of the political class which bought in years ago for pennies on the dollar....
Last month’s bill was $700 [ATTACH]
You know, I just found out recently myself that different varieties have different growth cycles. This particular kind is an early variety. Some...
These were from this year. IIRC I got them in the ground in late April. My rule of thumb is when the dandelions come out, it’s time for potatoes.
The vines died back a lot in the last month so I started digging out my potatoes this morning: [ATTACH]
I would definitely NOT recommend this to anyone, chili head or otherwise. I tried it half a dozen times and there's no way around it: it's got a...