Back at it with a few rounds of dead/down/barkless red oak. Grandpa’s old 61 did the cutting today with the new 18” small mount bar I butchered up...
Nice bass... Sounds like you live close to my father-in-law (Butler PA)
Now there's an Eric-esque looking scrounge if I ever saw one ;)
Heck yeah man, you can't put a price tag on the limited time you have with your kids as they're growing up. Smart move and good to have you back...
Nice. Mimosa splits super easy like black walnut IIRC. Cool to score something new.
The backyard doesn’t appear to be an open air drug market full of squatters… what’s the catch?
I can mostly agree with this. This one particular tree was standing dead for at least 5 years, and fell down this past week. The rounds that I cut...
A couple days ago I scored a few dead/barkless red oak rounds along with the last 4 rounds of birch that I wanted: [ATTACH] Splitter trash is...
Without the corresponding leaves that belonged to that tree, it's kind of difficult to positively ID it beyond elm. There's a lot of variation in...
Bump. I'm on an almost 5 month daily Duolingo streak learning an east Slavic language now. I've decided (for me) that Duolingo with the incessant...
I'll get up on my roof sometime around mid-September to do the cleanout. It's been 2 years since I'd last done it ( better wood = less cleanings...
With the rise of BRICS and a lot of countries getting tired of the worldwide monopoly of the almighty dollar, I wouldn't count on the status quo...
Nice that you pounced on that sale :thumbs: I have 6 gallons at home now but I'm considering picking up a couple more. I go through a lot less...
I'm seeing a lot of it near my work in Middletown, on the sugar maples. The red maples are looking sparse in a lot of areas too. I kind of assumed...
My tomato bed has become one indiscernible mass of plants. The 4 spoon tomato plants in the middle turned out to be an indeterminate variety and...
So much for waiting on cooler weather. The birch is split, and while I was at it I split a few ash rounds that had been waiting in limbo, along...
That definitely doesn’t look like fresh sycamore at all. It reminds me of elm that’s been dead a little too long, or even dead maple that’s past...
This time it’s small mount Husqvarna to the large mount style. I recently received a small award at work for collaborating with an engineer, which...
I remember as a kid going to cut wood with my grandfather he'd often have Merle going on the way to the woods. [MEDIA]
I saw online tonight at the Farmington store it’s down to $12/gallon, you may want to check your local store tomorrow if they’re offering the same...