I found the culprit. A whole bunch of hard brown plastic pieces which came from one of the retainers on the crankshaft bearings. [ATTACH] You can...
Surprisingly the cylinder looks decent. I’m just wondering where those metal flakes came from…
A sad state of affairs here. When I was running my XS 029 Stihl on Friday, it felt like it lost compression and was sluggish in the cut. I put the...
Thanks for posting the fall picture that I didn't know I needed to see today :handshake:
This upcoming winter at the Tennessee-Alabama border: [ATTACH]
I did feel a bit bad for the homeowner. Early 30s, no saw, homebody office type without the means to clear this mess. I’m happy enough with the 3...
A coworker friend secured this score from Facebook Marketplace this week. Lots of white oak, red oak, and a little red maple thrown in. A recent...
Looks like black birch to me (definitely not gray) and the smell and weight description fits... It's strange how the bark isn't more fissured for...
That’s why I think it’s scarlet oak. That thick bark is an adaptation to fire and this tree was growing on a warm, dry, south facing hilltop.
Not exactly dead, but this tree was down anyway. 7 more rounds from the same location last night. I believe these are scarlet oak, but it could be...
The fresh cut red oak was pretty heavy for the diameter. The walnut I found as precut rounds that somebody dumped illegally roadside on town...
Nice ambrosia red maple. It would definitely be cool to see one milled up :yes:
If you store the rounds up off of the wet ground and top covered only, they'll probably keep for a bit. I think you'd want good airflow on them to...
A load of red oak with 3 rounds of black walnut on top. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I’ve always felt like a displaced small town resident :) I’ll have to pitch the idea to my wife sometime. Heck I’ve joked with her in the past...
Not just a character from the little rascals [ATTACH]
Ooof. Looks like black gum, Joe.
I need to move to a state that doesn't hate people who do things outdoors using power equipment :picard:
Thanks for the input y'all. Prior to checking out the forum this morning I did end up patching in a fresh tooth with two 0.050” drive links. Being...
A coworker friend found this old chain in his garage and gave it to me. It’s a 0.375 x 0.058 x 72DL (20”) which I happen to have a couple bars...