1) made my own electrolyte drink...better than store bought stuff, made hot weather working achievable. 2) willington pizza too. Probably some of...
We cut pine logs....noodle them, for shavings for the composting toilet. Cutting parallel to the grain yielded noodles that were several inches...
I'm inclined to follow your line of reasoning. Just looking at the amount of wood there, and how its gonna get out of that yard, and the time...
I like the idea of finding someone with a bigger vehicle than mine. I know one, but that dump truck has more rust on it than viable metal. The...
You know I did think of that! What I thought might be expensive would be the feed for picking it up and dropping it, to pick it up again. BUT,...
At some point, im going to be interested in hearing tales of this all wood being sold/burned. A friend at work sells wood, but doesn't deliver....
So the same individual who was a little critical of my last major scrounge score allowing that I was acting compulsive about cordwood...
I have mine in the truck, have not had occasion to use one yet. But I will, and I will enjoy them far more than the plastic ones, just because...
Well, I think of it like, we play with bigger toys, sharp objects, and the like. Things are bound to get dinged: we'll wack metal or stone with a...
Interestingly, someone i grew up with, is rather opposite of us ideologically, politically, faith wise. That used to cause friction. But...
We have Autumn Olives here. They are invasive, and pretty. They're bushes with leaves dark green on top, silvery on bottom, smooth oval with...
The chain holder helps keep multiple chains untangled. I carry 5 with me, so I don't stop to sharpen on the job. Feel free to improve on the...
I'd be good for a couple get togethers. With three people on the splitter, we've killed a cord an hour. With a couple people hauling and...
Wow...so many great beginnings! Those CT guys...meh...whats a little heat and sweat. 98% of that job was completed in the cool these last three...
Backwoods, I wish I had the ability to get out there with yall! Looks like a good time was had by all. I don (yet) mind the heat. Today a few...
Prose is not my thing, but it was a neat thing to be with folks a year or two older than me, with as much pepper/chutzpah as Brad had. Gives me...
She took a fancy to him pretty quick. She supervised the operation back at home base. We were both about toast by then, both walking salt licks...
There was a different kind of synergy yesterday. It was a little less focused on getting it all done, and more focused on fellowship, sharing...
The sun was stoked, If it weren't for the breeze, Our shirts woulda been soaked. We cut for a couple hours, loaded rounds and did some splitting,...
I imagine Ebbie was "one of your children". Her absence will be a huge and unique hole in your lives. I imagine Ebbie was part of and saw a lot...