Chud and Eric Wanderweg . Thanks for your help guys.
I'll keep an eye on them. I've never paid much attention before.
The ol' sun god was mad at em. :rofl: :lol:
Found it! It's in that group in the last pic. Here's a couple better ones. It's the tree on the left. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Might've found them but those are super green still. [ATTACH]
You be using words i gotta look up. :rofl: :lol::salute: Funny thing is of the 2 i listed there's not a one in the yard up here by the house....
It appears only certain trees get them. Looking thru some pictures its kinda hard to id cause they're still connected to the tree. Not sure how...
I'm thinking you're right about that! Now what tree. Lol
Idk. Can't seem to find much on the internet that matches but i also don't know what to call that part. Is that considered the bud?
Anyone know what tree this comes from? No it's not a caterpillar. Lol [ATTACH]
I can't see a problem with it. Might show more "soft" spots tho. You'll know better what you're working with that way.
Well about the only thing i noticed was the mosquitoes decided to come out. Lol.
SW Michigan i can see it starting.
A bar that long will surely add some weight to the saw.
Shes definitely a beast offroad! Tractor like torque and luggability, she'll drive ya right into stuff if your not careful. I'll tell ya,...
Well at least I'm not the only one who sees it that way. :handshake:
They really haven't changed much over the years. :dex: [MEDIA] [MEDIA] Seems i forgot how good their older stuff is. [MEDIA]
If he would've said that in the first post i would've never commented.
I wonder if cherry trees cross pollinate as easily as oaks?
Horizontal lenticels are visible on cherry also. Maybe not black cherry but there are more species of em than that. Fire cherry is one that...