No reason to test the ground, they will strip it down to clay & if they don’t hit clay they will strip topsoil some where to find clay & move it...
You have to put them in ditch to to get proper drainage. The fact that most of the trees I this particular draw/ditch are getting taken out is...
I gave some thought to that before I started but wasn’t sure the the expense was worth it but it may come to fruition before I am done. I didn’t...
Here are the only pictures I got today & they aren’t very good. I didn’t get started until around 1:00 & most of my day was spent cleaning up tops...
No, I will only have it about 1/3 felled & trimmed up, I have another cousin coming in tomorrow to get some Ash. I will not be getting shorted on...
I am using a track loader with grapple to move tops/bush & the main stuff. The original plan that approved was to just stage everything in rows in...
Some of it is mill worthy but most will be firewood. There are always campers looking for firewood & it puts off a nice blue flame in open air...
I am glad that you are liking those Gurkhas.
Highly valuable black walnut
A family farm is putting in a 3.5 acre pond & I got permission to cut all I wanted on it. There is quite a smorgasbord of timber. The list...
It was pretty mild here, almost 50* with some NW breezes/gusts, mostly sunny.
I had this one this morning while sharpening chains. [ATTACH]
After another afternoon of felling/limbing Ash, Cherry, Honey Locust & 3 small Oaks; I am going to enjoy this one. [ATTACH]
These are what I got & have had a few from the cigar shops along these lines. I haven’t had any issues with them as far as strength but I believe...
They are guessing at 1” of snow here Thursday night. It’s supposed to be in the upper 40’s/low 50’s over the weekend. Hopefully we miss the...
I am looking forward to spring/summer evenings so I can sit outside & enjoy a stogie. It is getting old sitting in the pickup in the evenings to...
I need to buy more LFD’s, these are always excellent smokes.
I had this one today [ATTACH]
I just watched the Doobie Brothers 50 year anniversary concert on tv about a week ago then a replay a couple nights ago.
Sorry to hear about your splitter, at least Edwin was willing to pay for repair costs & you are willing to be reasonable & understanding about it.