It is a remnant of the cast iron pouring process. It is found on pans from the 1800's
Pans with gate marks are pretty rare around here. I dont ever recall seeing one in the wild.
Cooked in the wood-fired oven in a cast iron skillet steamed with garlic and white wine. Dipped in buttah when done... Never had razor clams....
George Nelson Fireplace Tool Set And this set is used condition too...
I'm clean outta arenga fibers. Sorry...
I spent the past two evenings repairing a horse hair plaster ceiling here. I used the ceiling buttons and skim coated where needed. I just have...
Lifetime hinges there Joe. Nice clean work. My shop is packed away for now, so I'll watch what everyone else is up to...:popcorn:
Our friends recently moved near some conservation land and they saw over 20 deer in the field next door. There was about 15 at the farm field...
I see what sorcery they did. :sherlock: At the beginning of the video, it shows the stack of chains welded up to the rod. The bottom piece is...
I like the addition of the leaves. A slightly darker color or different species would make them stand out, but not detract the overall look of...
There has to be a lot more than meets the eye on these knives. Chains have many layers, contamination of oils, dirt, etc. Forge welding can be...
It is fine to be in. Just a lot of cosmetic items that were not addressed. The constant tidying up is time consuming. I spend more time looking...
Exciting times ahead for everyone. I hope all goes well with the move and that is great news about your first grandchild.
Our wood burning days may be over for a bit. Our house is listed on the market, and we have a few showings this weekend. It has been a 10 month...
^This is a great idea. A laser level would require the trailer to be dead level for the walls or the tracks will be off to some degree.
From the article... It would not apply to stoves that are the homes’ sole heating source, or fancy antique stoves “built before 1940 that has an...
That's a funny looking cat...
Here is some information I found on the net. The New England Confectionery Co., or Necco, began making Sweethearts by special order for weddings...
People can still put unseasoned wood in a new stove and it doesn't change a thing.:zip:
It is a lot more active in the late summer into fall. The ( Official ) FHC canned food thread.