I saved a few of those hollow chunks, thinking to try a variation of thishttp://twistedsifter.com/2012/01/how-to-make-a-stove-from-a-single-log/
WHY oh WHY did I click on this:headbang: I need to shovel out my smoker, never used it in the cold air before. I did snowblow part of the garden...
As a representative speaking for your trusty ATV, thank you Dennis, thank you!:rofl: :lol: Congrat's buddy, if anyone ever deserve'd a tractor,...
I saw that, it was very good. Didn't remember the title but I went to your link and it all came back to me:thumbs:
I see another screw & impact driver "addict"! :whistle: Love them dang screws!
I posted these before. They were so hollow that it was easy to "feel" with the saw and take precautions. They were in the middle of the wood's and...
Screwloose's above post made me think of this, not really related at all but..... I was cutting down a standing dead Elm. Cut a small wedge out,...
Logging eTool - Making the Cuts - Kinds of Notches good description
The reason is to remove the wood that wood:p get in the way of the "hinge" working as the tree go's over. The hinge is all you have to control the...
Here's our local April Fool's joke, this was from overnight a few minute's ago.[ATTACH] the frost is out of the drive way and it's a horrible mess...
You don't have to explain yourself to me! I could use a good dose of "keeping up with things" as you have demonstrated here!:thumbs: I just have...
You already did the hard work getting access to it:thumbs: Always better to keep up with the small things, a lot of "small things" add up to a big...
Yeah, it's only "broke" if it doesn't start:D. I got a lot of stuff ya gotta "jiggle".
Welcome to the wood pile Rangerbait! Used to live across the river from you in Fred. Co.
....to late. Looks good Gas. I'm ready for the snow to melt and for things to dry out!:thumbs:
No, it was me Dennis! I'm de-railing Gas's thread here:eek: I gotta stop here and start giving him heck about that clay pot that he's calling a...
I tend to agree, but that's beyond my (mathematical) pay grade:whistle: I guess if you cut at 14" and made a triple row 4x4x8 and split real...
That was the prototype, a little to "anatomically correct" for the boss:D Where'd you dig them up from?
I have not checked it out. From what I hear on the local news is nothing but mill closings and I'd rather not infringe on a loggers meal ticket...
That's just Basswood Dennis, about all it's good for. I "weed'' it out from competing with the good trees.