The one that sucks is when ya wake up and the night stand clock is flashing and the house is cold. Power went off just long enough to drop out...
Get below 100 F on the side you can touch and the thing is going to start gathering nasty crud on the inside. Our baby Whit used to run a barely...
Hmmmm SALT :bug: Sit around and watch your rig disintegrate with that stuff. Out here our "DEQ" (Dept of Environmental Quality) will not allow...
I have nearly a 4 foot horizontal run on the big Whit (Needed that to get the stove where it would be centered on the raised hearth and...
Not much going on. Rain, rain and more rain. Never even got dressed today, just sat around the shack in my night shirt. Uggggggh. Gotta go down...
Pretty much We have all these lovely high tech things now. Better watch what ya say in the car while you are driving down the road, yup, likely...
I found an original brochure from Whitfield on the Prodigy 2 They were rated at from 4000 to 25000 BTU output Really a tiny unit.
OMG I want them in top shape and pay no more than $200 for em !!!!! If they are structurally sound and such they might be worth $400 but they...
Up Portland way they spent big $$$$$$$$$$ to built this huge sewer system thing that's supposed to eliminate storm water from causing raw sewage...
Stinking bugs anyway
That's for sure. Boring extra holes in the house sucks. This is the biggest reason I scoured up two identical stoves to the ones we are running...
Yup. My biggy is that these two old Whit sisters keep my house warm, and if they are not up to par I get worried. That's the biggest reason I...
Actually, the statement was told to me when I was an apprentice and was TDY to the hydraulics dept. in the company I worked for. The foreman...
We have had the ADV 2 T now since 2010 and I clean it regularly. The past few days the windows been getting sooty (Black) Hmmmmm, just Mucked...
Yup, sure can, IF you install a pump
All the stoves seem to have a spot that carbons up. The Whits do and I have drilled, tweaked and thrashed about the fire pots. The clue that...
I have tried my hand at a whole lot of things in my 63 years. Auto mechanics (Auto trannies) Welding Fabricating Machining (Journeyman ticket in...
Sounds like a great project. You should be able to reclaim a lot of heat with that setup.
A
A bit more done today before we had to head to the big city for an appt. Finished the new scraper and pull ring . Just need to weld the rod to...