24 Sunny and clear. Got the stove rolling with sassafras, aspen and cherry earlier this morning, but have since reloaded with some monster splits...
For all the hype that black locust gets, white oak is still one of my favorites. It’s all around superb firewood.
Black gum again, or maybe even sweetgum? Wood coloration looks about right. I've seen a lot of variation in the bark appearance of those trees too.
I'm thinking you need a 410 something or other. That one 12 gauge looks lonely in a crowded field of rifle/pistol rounds.
If I didn't already have so many projects.... Commercial chain saw - farm & garden - by owner - sale - craigslist
27 outside, up from the 21 it was a couple hours ago. I started the day with a quick burning load of cherry and sassafras, and just reloaded with...
I jumped the gun. According to their website, they had 8 in stock so I bought 4 (don't want to be too selfish) So now I'm committed to going there...
Twice tonight I had 4 gallons in the online cart from Rural King, and twice I chickened out last minute. I have to check my local TSC store...
I've had the same pellet gun since 2011 and in all honesty I'd consider it essential in a SHTF situation. You can harvest a lot of squirrels with...
Along those same lines, a shotgun with an adapter kit that'll shoot a variety of ammo is an excellent choice too. You'll sacrifice accuracy, but...
If I'm on the move hunting small game then my Ruger 10/22. If I'm staying at home holding my ground I'd want something simple and reliable that...
Wife sent me this tonight from the house. I guess I better pick up 17 gallons of milk and 43 loaves of bread [ATTACH]
Cottonwood has a darker core. I agree that it’s either Aspen, balsam poplar, or one of those nursery stock hybrid poplars that are becoming more...
You were definitely determined for this one. Nice wood too; even the red maple is as nice as it gets. Bonus that it was so close to storage for...
Our humble artificial tree will be going up this weekend. We always wait until all of the "kids" are around to put it up and decorate it. My wife...
Your work schedule mirrors your wood hoarding habits exactly. Either you're at a dead stop or going 150mph :) :salute:
Word gets around quick and everyone panic buys, just like ammunition sales :hair:
My new larger bore top end should be in later today. In the meantime I’ve made a lot of progress getting the rest of the parts cleaned up. I even...
22/70 bigtooth aspen and cherry
My last main workhorse saw was a ported 029 that had an 039 top end on it. It was more than adequate for 90% of what I cut. Nice score and even...