There was a mill near us that used to let you come and get all the hardwood dimensional cutoffs your heart desired, all kiln dried and they'd even...
Looks like bitternut hickory to me.....
That's a white oak, buddy. That, locust, and hickory are my favorite hardwoods for burning!!
Catalpa burns nicely when seasoned, smells "perfumy" when burning (I don't care for the smell of the smoke), but definitely a good SS wood if you...
Hows come the cool guys get all the good scores? ;) Great score, buddy! Hope you and the family are well.....
Sweet, sounds like a fun winter project
I'm planning on being there, if everything lines up.
Thank you brother, he makes us proud daily... The really nice thing about him being a Nittany Lion is we are only a half hour or so away from...
I miss ya buddy, are you gonna make it to Walts? Yeah,it's an old VG4D, good old engine. That chipper, after some elbow grease, is perfect for...
I know I'm not the only one, but GEEEEESH....did summer ever fly by! I haven't been here much since early spring, and for that I apologize. But...
We've been busy as all heck.... Last week I did 30 trees......in the evenings and on the weekend. Now, mind you, not all of them were huge, most...
The PA Dept. Of Agriculture was here at the Juniata Locomotive Shops today, they are all over the ailanthus trees along the mainline tracks right...
Looks like tupelo (black gum) to me.....if it is, and you plan on splitting it, prepare for some frustration.....lol
Well let me know cause we will swing by for sure!
I'll be passing through that area in mid-October, not gonna be able to make it in August.....sure with I could, though!
The ash I've had sitting in my "to be split" pile gets that black mildew stuff on/in it as well.....
Definitely ash
That is all I use for my top covering, it is the best, IMO. I'm fortunate enough to have a local salvage company that has tons of used rubber...
Great job, yard looks like a wonderful place to relax!
Did you send me a message here or via an email? I didn't get it..... We can wait til fall if you like, just let me know.