Totally agree environmental factors play a big part in species development. In addition to cold, elevation is one that plays a major role in the...
Sound advice there, and the only reason I could see buying a plastic homeowner stihl (ms250/251) over the magnesium echo 490 or 590.
The Echo 490 mentioned is a "pro" style saw... just sayin' :yes:
I've had mtronic saws run lean from a clogged air filter in dead dusty hardwood. Sthils seem to be more prone to this with their inferior...
That's not me in the video, but I do ocasionally blip rev the throttle between cuts when I'm cutting firewood. When I do it I'm listening for the...
Couldn't say what a 036 weighs for sure. I wanna say it was 13ish pounds or there abouts. I'm going off muscle memory. Never been a hard core...
The 462 reminds me a lot of an 036 or even a dolmar 6100 weight wise.
Yep word on the street is January for both the 565 and 572.
It's not my saw, so I don't have any glamour shots but here's a nice video comparison of the 462 and 572: [MEDIA]
There are a couple kicking around the US. One belongs to a member here. There is a guy on another forum sending them out from Greese....
Sadly some of those guys are no longer active. If you catch my drift.
Thanks E.:handshake: I'm sure amateur cutter will tell ya I'm perfectly happy to give you enough rope to hang yourself as long as there isn't a...
The tree is strapped because it was a very old hard maple with codominant leaders. There is a house just on the other side of the driveway. The...
Do it a couple thousand times and you'll be dropping biggerized ones like this easy peasy:D [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Looks like Ulmus pumila Siberian Elm. Gooder firewood. And I like to see a hinge that didn't break before the tree hit the ground. Looks like you...
Coming from a professional arborist background anything less than a 35ish hp 6" chipper is a waste of time. However, for the average firewood Joe...
That's really cool! Glad to see the saw go to someone who will cherish it.
Yep got that done in the spring. Good thing too! :dennis: Just need to pull the stump out.
:rofl: :lol: I doesn't tend to be as much of a problem with evergreens, but can be a real problem with urban/suburban hardwoods. Particularly the...
I think your right Dennis. Looks like the tree got "topped" or had damage to its dominant leader at some point in its life. That caused the...