Looks like mold to me. I think you will be fine to split it, stack it, dry it and burn it. Mold spores are everywhere. Manage your humidity...
I guess it depends on your outlook on life. I like to think that people who cut their own firewood still take responsibility for their own...
Any thoughts of having people cut and load their own? $40-50 a pickup truck full? You could offer to help them and get cash in hand quickly as...
You might want to measure that one twice... Or maybe its just some of that new fangled math...;)
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110510161809.htm In a sweeping study of a huge swath of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, researchers...
I bought a cheap Chinese 16 footer last year.. came with a cartridge filter.. Ran it on chorine for the first year and half of this year.. It...
Make sure that there's not an additional length that is required for the logs.. You can't get an 8 foot 2x4 out of an 8 foot log. Once it's cut...
I completely understand your post and understand that you're not paying.. But I'm sure there are tree companies that don't have a place to drop...
That's the part that I don't think people are processing. If tree companies are selling firewood for $125 per cord green and $200 per cord...
Add a moisture meter to your list above. If you're going to advertise dry wood, make sure that a fresh split is under 20% moisture content on the...
What does the drainage pipe do?
I'm a big fan of my compound miter saw for cutting the small stuff. Use it quite a bit for stuff that is 4" and less in diameter.... No need for...
If you have a location that has decent traffic volume, you can sell the pine in the summer for campfire wood.. Small bundles that people can put...
If that happened to me, I would figure that the old lady was headed to her BF's house with his birthday present. So I'd just leave the saw and...
Just checked... I had to cut both pivot pins from the damper.... I think if I was going to reinstall it, I'd cut the rest of the pins off on both...
I had to cut my damper out. I was able to leave the frame in place. Each side of the damper had a 3/4 inch long pivot rod to open and close. I...
Thats a pretty sweet rack... Might want to find a way to chain that whole thing down just in case one of these pulls up next to your stacks on...
The first year I burned, I was woefully short on wood.. I bought a moisture meter to help me gage which dead/down or dead/standing wood I could...
My list was designed to go from cheapest to most expensive.. $30 for a moisture meter to rule out wet wood is not a big investment. As for the...
I agree with greendohn that it seems like a negative pressure situation. Do you burn your pellet stove continuously too? If so do you have an...