Make sure the screen is not required by law. On the wet side of the cascades it's not as big a deal as where it is drier and higher potential for...
Oh yeah. Forgot you were a fire fighter. You obviously have a lot more knowledge of the issues than your average front range dweller or visitor....
Handsonautotech , I would think that you should consider the possibility of wildfire in your stacking and storage plans more than most people...
Welcome to FHC Imnostooge !!!! Post some pics!!! Show us your setup!! Hope you're only burning Artisanal firewood at your house!!!
How is your insulation? Air sealing? Could you put thin film over your windows? I've found that it's not too hard to move heat upstairs...
Primer on Woodburning by Backwoods Savage | Firewood Hoarders Club
Beautiful area where you live.. Did you guys have any losses from the floods in 2013? Hope everyone is recovering well... [MEDIA]
Sorry for trying to help....
First one looks like some hickory. But up close would help. Grab ALL OF IT!!!!!! (Pardon my yelling)
Yup. Filed for bankruptcy in August. Best of luck getting your system to work or getting a reasonable replacement. Might want to find out who...
How far is too far from the truck to haul wood? I say, it depends on who's hauling it and how cold the house is!!!!![ATTACH]
I have had the same experience. A damper helps the most on the coldest of days when the heat wants to go screaming up the chimney. Also it helps...
Try using Angie's list or Home Advisor... Had luck with both..
"And when my life is over Remember when we were together We were alone and I was singing this song to you" RIP..
Sounds like a good day... Don't wear out that bridge or the MTA will put a toll booth on it!!!! [ATTACH]
This is interesting.. Dead Men's Steam School by Dan Holohan | Dan Holohan | Heating Help Talk about heat loss 14 minutes in... Didn't pay for...
You're welcome. Just think of the 70000 as the minimum guarantee. That number could be 70, 71, 75 or even 78... "Waste heat" that goes to your...
Let me start this with a disclaimer..... Everything I know about heating has come from bazooka joe wrappers and this site... I.E., I have no...
vwsunshine Welcome to FHC!!! you're in the right place to get some good answers. Pics of the install location will certainly help. I've seen...
Are you going to give the back side some texture or grooves so the adhesive has more surface area to adhere to? That's what it looked like the...