I've lost count of the days till fall. And I need more! But I'm watching vids online of stacking and seasoning how to's. I'm hard into 'prepping...
Hear hear on fathers and sons having man-time together. Now mine is out, I'm so glad I soaked up every minute. I'm glad my kiddo is turning out...
Pretty straight, pretty level, uniform. If all my stacks looked that nice, the neighbors would have little to whine about . I tried stacking...
What a score! So you just need to get it home or to the splitter? Not darn bad. I have a score similarly, in someone's back yard, good wood,...
So my limited experience with trucks, is that the mileage is worth having something heavier and with more capabilities. I drive 80 mi/day, and...
Nice! Even a rainy view is a nice one! The railway is neat too. Taking it down must have been nice! Sca
Yup, keeping less up by the house isnt a bad thing. Out the side door, we have a 6x6 room that closes in the steps down to the yard. There is a...
Midwinter, have a blast. The sunset was beautiful in MA as well. 'Course its never as nice as when its over water. Mike, sounds like you have...
Not only do they add up, but now that wood will heat your home instead of turning to compost elsewhere. I've been looking at each bed-load as a...
Last season, we did bring up 4ish cord. That was a lotta doing. I guess we'll see how frequently we empty & refill the rack, and go from there. Sca
It feels good to make progress on cutting splitting and stacking. Even a little every day, for a few weeks, gets a big job done. Good to hear...
Thanks. Im not interested in hauling 7 or 8 cord up all at once. Not like we get into a snowy deep freeze for more than a few weeks at a time...
The slide is ingenious. Sca
So its 99 cu ft, as built. If I stack the top stack to 3.5' (rather than 2') that gets me up to 128 cu ft. Yup, about a month. I have another...
Mike, happy birthday. Glad He gave you another! Sca
Wrangler riggers here. Pockets for everything I carry. And heavy enough to protect me. Heat I can tolerate so far. Drinking like a fish...
As we age, I'm less enthused about taking large armloads of wood from stacks on the ground, into the house. Bending over is ok, but getting up...
So regular shirts here...sleeveless sometimes, but nothing special. On a recent landscaping gig in the first hot spell, I made my own electrolyte...
Mornin! Stacked for a while this.morning, beautiful day here. Midwinter....combining my two favorite things....kayaking and tree cutting. Have...
Definitely recovered, judging by the stack of wood.... Sca