I had an old 12 valve once, with the idea I'd make my own fuel. Never materialized as we were apartment dwellers at the time, and i figured...
It was definitely an abundance of caution type job. Mostly cut up as of this morning. A.bit of splitting and a few more cuts, and we're done....
[ATTACH]
Funny. I like it. Sca
Couldn't resist. Even if you'd spelled it correctly. Sca
Warner, If someone came asking for wood of mine, and I denied their request, and they responded with "it will rot before you get to it", or some...
So in scrounging, I'm on the look out for things I need, other than cordwood. Lumber to repurpose for example. But today I came across a source of...
Keep the friends close, and the enemies even closer. Sounds a little like a threat, if that were said to me. Akin to wishing someone bad luck....
Yech, dingleberry jam... Brad, there were no fungi at time of cutting. Sitting in moist conditions for many weeks brought them on. I didn't...
Well, I've got my vices. Several. And I can't seem to let them go at any price. Sca
Wow what a score. I'm on board with the voices that say to get it all. Clean it out. But that does depend on weather or not you have room to...
Relaxing. Whats that? The kiddo said to me, " that wood won't stack itself". Mike, I've noticed wood stacking time at night is getting...
Rot extended from the stump maybe 3'. And thats where it broke. Everything on the ground is solid. After the pictured cuts, I made a handful...
Brad, everything we brought in from the score this spring, had that. The wood, particularly the first loads in, sat in the June/July monsoon...
So I called the fellow from whom my spring score came. We had a tree he wanted to work on together. But, he had another tree on the ground that...
The fellow the score in May came from. I called about a tree he and I were going to do, and he told me of another he wanted me to take first....
Morning folks! Its a beautiful one here. Another score to hit early today, stop in on the folks, one of whom is well into dementia. Its getting...
Keep at it though! Checking back for updates! Sca
Night wood. Sca
I liked smoking them out, as I don't have the time to sit and wait to pick them off. I did it on my own time, late at night when everyone was...