Good point Charlie. I can burn a big secondary light show, with ribbons, roll over, flash overs etc. and get all the btus at the end.
I made this in 7th grade art. Burnt on a piece of green persimmon, cause thats what we burned:mad: Its still hanging on my moms wall 25 years...
Too bad you didn't get in on the beta test. You could have tried it out for free.
Paperclip high temp indicator [ATTACH] Idea Stolen from another thread.
Record low temps (weather.com): Springfield -29F Long Island -15F
I've never had a clinker. Never heard of one before the the forums. Maybe its the soil around here.
Sycamore produces lots of fluffy ash, seems to get in the cat. I'd guess Cottonwood is worse.?
Sounds like a good ~11 hr burn on a partial load first try. Its so easy.... Do you have a max temp indicator on your thermo? Easy to make out of a...
Gotta ask, where did you come up with the term sea-foam green?
Not an option for everyone, but I cut on the forks of my tractor mostly. When I fall a tree I usually buck all the limbs that I can that are off...
Glad you're loving the new stove. This is only my second year with the Keystone but here's my $.02 Yes, there is a long lag between firebox temp...
How old is the dark colored oak Dennis? With the ends getting wet top covered I didnt think it would make a difference on the color. Mine looks...
Absolutely. But I have more trees than I can burn before they rot. So, I save these for fire pit shows:campfire:
Yeah, its just a hollow dead log. I had 6-7 out of this red oak. This is the last and smallest one. I have a dead standing white oak that is...
Anyone else save these for the pit? [ATTACH]
Thats good news. I wonder what it be down in the middle of the pile.
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] A nice little spot close to the house. Finally got around to measuring it. 70' to the rock pile that the water drips on. [ATTACH]
When I was a teenager, I worked with a guy in his 40's. He had what looked like a perfectly round cigarette burn scar just off center of his...
Hey guys/gals, I'm Forrest. I live about 30 miles west of Fayetteville. Raised on wood heet, new to an EPA. I did it "Just like Dad did" until a...
If your girlfriend came to help, your wife would drop YOU:p