Is he buying the wood or are you donating it? He needs to be less picky or buy elsewhere. I'm an Oak man myself, but I have that luxury. Odd...
o_O :eek::popcorn::whistle:
That looks like a huge bed of coals. Surprised the STT was only 180F. I'm guessing it was throwing a lot more heat than the 180F would suggest.
I'm working today and didn't bother to reload before I left. I'll try to get the 'ol lady to send me a pic before she reloads it. On days that we...
I had two HOT DRY summers. Where I work 40 miles to the south (Ft. Smith), we set a new record in 2012 for consecutive days over 100F f- 39...
Yes, its my only source of heat. I only heat 1536 sqft, tight and well insulated.
[ATTACH] 10 hrs later
Awesome WS floating whisps + non gas grill looking secondaries
With the shape of the firebox, I'm thinking 2 layers N/S and fill the top E/W.
This is probably going to be like trying to see how may mpg you can get out of your new muscle car:cool:
Have you shut it down all the way yet? Whats it doing?
Gark when the time comes I'd like to hear your opinion. To me its Red Oak hands down.
I see room for 3 more:)
SnoopDogg?
Yeah I wouldn't stuff it on the first night. But in the morning I would!
Fine wood no doubt, but prefer Red Oak (and I got lots of both).Red Oak splits better, which makes it stack better, feels like it has more BTUs...
Big glass allows tons of heat to radiate out.. I've noticed when I hold my hands the same distance from the top and front of the stove, there is...
I'm 4 yrs ahead now. Looking forward to '14-'15:fire:
When I read "cooking noodles" I pictured Spaghetti!
Trooper what were you heating with before the Napoleon?