4 inch block.... R-.8 http://www.allwallsystem.com/design/RValueTable.html
I meant to suggest through the roof as a cheaper alternative earlier (its been a BUSY day for me). Sealing the flashing is easy, just slide it up...
Thats right at 3 cuft. I thought it was a little bigger?
By $100 POS I'm guessing a Boxwood? I don't think they are UL tested. If not you need 36" clearance to combustibles all around. This can be...
I'm no expert but this may get you started. Use standard connector pipe from the stove collar to the wall. Most say run 2' vertical from the stove...
Brian could you also measure the firebox? Thanks.
Got it....Thanks Scotty. Awesome site.
After I shut it down [media]
Is there a way to post a video directly from an I Phone to the site? I tried and got an error message.
View from my recliner this morning. [ATTACH]
Are the flames against the glass part of the secondary plate(?) flames or are they secondaries from the air wash like a FV or Keystone burns?
Dave do you ever get ice storms? We get horrible build up in those conditions. I was out of electricity for 17 days in 2008 and 13 days in 2000....
Excepted-Accepted :emb: Mods how about a title edit before my wife the teacher sees this :(
Open the door on a load of Hedge. Its like the 4th of July.
What size is the FP opening and how big is the hearth?
Reminds me of Centralia Penn. Coal seam has been burning under the town since 1962. Not much left of the town now.
Yeah, I'm not going to save enough on the "deals" to cover the bail $$$:axe:
Got another one, Pipe dampers "hold the heat in a stove". I'm not sure about this one and I used a pipe damper for years. I don't think they help...
I work Thanksgiving and get off at 6:30 Friday morning. If I can just get home through the traffic, I'll be good:confused:
Example: Some think the "soft heat" of soapstone is a myth. Compared to steel I think its noticeably less harsh, never owned a cast iron. Just my...