Just the opposite of Dave, I need a stove that will heat without a blower. Between the noise and the electricity being out for up to 19 days at a...
The glass is looking good burning that hot.
Not a good load for long burning, but perfect to debunk the lack of control rumor. I'm impressed.
I If the PH is controllable on this load it should be controllable on any load. Looks great so far. KSC, you obviously have full confidence or...
Well, that's more like it. Thank you Sherwood. It sounds like the PH went 18hrs easily, WHILE carrying a large heat load.
Dang, I gotta side with BBAR. I'd like to know too. Everyone agrees its a great stove, can make a ton of heat, goes ~12+hrs easily on a partial...
BBAR have you called WS? You could probably speak to someone there who heats their own home with one. Plus they must test the crap out of them.
Never heard that. I framed hundreds of houses out of Spruce and Fir that was shipped in, non kiln dryed.
I have: General MM from Lowes- I've bent the probes trying to stab it full depth into oak and straightened them many times. They'll eventually...
Is that like an all time record for you?:D
The ground is cold in the winter. No as cold as the air, but cold.
Hmm...didn't know there was an official cut-off size. Or maybe it just doesn't work well enough for anyone to build one.
Problem is, you would prefer one over the other two, and be right back in the market for two more stoves:p
Seems like WS told me the KS was UL tested for 6" or 7"
Hickory is primo wood. Just tough to split.
I could test fine with a 6" or 8". My KS has a 7" collar, and the FV.? On 8' single wall + 8' class A mine drafts perfect, never a smoke spill.
100% cat burns are a little boring:whistle:
So your house is on a concrete slab? Any insulation under the slab?
True. The FV and KS do such beautiful secondary burns, I often wonder if they make more BTUs from the secondaries than the cat--on medium burns...
And capable of beautiful burns. And blasting BTUs. And its cheap. And customisable. And from WS. And...... And... And..