Just a quiet day of reflection for me. I really appreciate living in this great nation under our beloved flag. The day did not go unnoticed.
I just finished for the day. The lupine were tossed into the tall grass. Lawn mowed. I cut out a large section of day lillies. They just take...
I've got a leaker too. At least they left the vice grips. The ferns appreciate the extra moisture. It will get a full replacement, frost-free,...
A hen foraging in the tall grass. I am going to extend the area today and set the lupine seeds. [ATTACH]
I ended up getting lupine seeds today. Probably won't see flowers until next year, but I have to start somewhere.
Sorry, I meant English sparrows. We call them house finches as they make nests in rotted soffit and fascia boards around here. English sparrows...
Two strikeouts on lupines at the garden centers today. I did get morning glories for a sapling trellis that will be going up. I want to start...
Wow, that is quite a coverage. I imagine the native plants are overtaken. Here the bittersweet is the worst, followed by grapes and virginia...
Just 2 acres. The house and barn are on about a half acre. Woods for the rest. It is plenty enough for me to care for
The 1 hour bluebird box is done. Made with just a circular saw as my shop is not set up. I wrapped an aluminum predator guard on it. Time to...
I did a quiet walkaround out back this morning and discovered the red pine stands were planted in rows. It seemed strange that it was all red...
He is finishing up the school year at his current one. He is in a small bedroom, which was more likely a former sewing room found in area houses....
It felt good to be outside all day.
The tractor arrived yesterday and I got the lawn cut a little high so I could find all the high spots. Only one sapling stump got sheared. I...
I looked at lupines, but they only had pink ones at the store. I'd like purple. We have neem oil spray for aphids. The area is wet in that pic....
There is something to be said about repurposed wood. There is a particular essence of taking an old piece of wood and making it useful, even if...
My neighbor at the last house grew catnip for his indoor cats. Once the plants took, the loose neighborhood cats pretty much rolled themselves...
Here is the area I'm going to let grow natural and see what happens. There are I guess buttercups growing in the grass. It may be a good...
It says on the package... [ATTACH]
The heebie jeebies