I bought a Zastava bolt action (can't remember M-70 or M-98) chambered in 458 Win Mag. No practical use at all where I live, unless I wanted to go...
Well, the only one complaining out of 100 posts is you. I'm not seeing any arguments??
Is firearm talk not allowed on this forum? In the original post, the OP asked if anyone brings firearms along. It's not like the thread drifted,...
I might add, nothing better, unless it's a slow-mo video of the flames in action.
I keep anything 2" and above. My stove can run decent on small wood.
Secondary burning stoves are the bomb! Especially if you're a firebug....watching the flames dance is mesmerizing.
Try not to get all your cartridges addicted to Varget, or you'll be in a world of hurt when it dries up. My 9.3x62 and 458 win mag both snort that...
I'm not that photogenic.:rofl: :lol: Look, I don't care who you are, I ain't cleaning my stove glass or ash lip for anybody! I'll probably drib...
It's usually in short supply up here too. Almost everyone I know who reloads, has a cartridge that Varget performs like a miracle drug in it.
Not sure what you guys pay for various powders down there, but I almost died of sticker shock when I saw the price of some at Cabelas online. $47...
Reminds me of about 5 years back, we had been getting lots of snow, so the following year I asked for snow shoes for Christmas. Wouldn't you know...
Oh, things are not too bad in Prince Albert, same old place it ever was. Kind of changed in the mid eighties, and then some years back, the mill...
Yeah, it's pretty easy to get up n go the stove in anything below -15 C, even with a short stack like I have here. When it hits -30 c, you just...
Hey guys, just wondering what your thoughts are on how the fire/flame is compared to the efficiency, kind of the most bang for your buck, and how...
Hey guys, new to the forum. I'm from up in the Canadian prairies, where there's usually no shortage of cold days and winter. Me and the missus, a...
Thanks for the welcoming guys.
I know outside temps and even wind direction can mess with the draft on my little fire machine. I have a different stove than you, but when I cold...
Thank you. I was going to post an intro, but I didn't know where they go? Yeah she's brisk alright!
Weather sitting at -14 C, going down to -24 feels like -32 C. So, about 8, -14, and -22 F to my southern neighbors. This will be the coldest night...
I'd bring a gun with me while cutting, but then I'd end up going looking for chickens or rabbits and end up with no wood! No carrying...