Yeah, I’ll get some, probably gonna try for the big cedar chunks & some of the bigger trunk wood off the hackberry when we get it all down. All...
Lots of pictures More pictures of today. Was at it for 12 hours. I think 7 or 8 loads of limbs and brush to the dump. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
Not sure, it’s not all down yet but there was only about 3 inches of a 28 in bar sticking out of this cut. Biggest hackberry I have ever tangled with
Pictures from today & answers to a few questions. Still part of the main trunk of the hackberry left. He’s gonna check and see if power company...
A little over a month ago myself and another guy that lives across the street took down a large elm for the village. As we were finishing up a guy...
Hired on to help with some tree removal this weekend. Is this black walnut? I can get some end grain pictures tomorrow. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Might be interested in one or two depending what he has
What is this and can I eat it? Growing out of a dead elm stump in my yard, just spotted it this evening while mowing. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
#1 Ya never know till you try.:BrianK: #2 There is no substitute for experience :BrianK: Give it a go and let us know...
In my experience green hackberry can be almost as stringy to split as green elm. Let it sit in rounds for a few months and it gets better, but can...
Are they that bad? I’ve been thinking about planting a couple of them, maybe next year before I’m ready. I want a couple trees that look cool and...
Looks like a tree I had given to me last summer. The consensus here was river birch, haven’t burned any yet. Kinda the same scenario landscaping...
So let me get this straight,..... you put a shrimp on a hook, cast it up on the beach, and then when the bear comes and gets the bait you reel it...
Oh!!!! ....... and pictures, gonna need lots of pictures to get my Alaska fix!
[ATTACH] We have this one at work. I’m sure the bed is bigger than most utv I’ve seen, but doesn’t dump. Sides fold down for oversized items. It...
Good luck, be safe and have fun
Talked to the city maintenance guy this evening, I guess there’s several more bigger logs there now. He’s isn’t sure what kind, maybe cottonwood,...
I can take the truck anytime, and it’s even easier if I use it to get wood for the shop at work. Still gonna have to do it on the weekend though...
Standing dead elm is my staple firewood. Green/live elm can be good, just needs dealt with differently in my experience. Buck it into rounds then...
The city maintenance guy sent me a text yesterday telling me that there’s a bunch more elm logs at the dump, some is dead and dry. Maybe this...