So I found a guy near my home that a little over 20 cords of logs and tops left over from a logging effort. Based on pictures the logger did well...
Welcome aboard[ATTACH]
Get them all cut up yet?:dex:
:dex:Safest tree felling you could get right there.
It happens, and I feel your pain. Still some great wood and it will burn when the time is right :dex:
Looks like a great idea, I just wonder how well it works when the ground is muddy or ice covered etc. I do have to say, it is a good concept though
damm, that is a lot of chainsaw splitting. My back is cringing just thinking of being bent over for all of that noodling. Nice pile and well done...
Agreed with the fact that you need more combustion air. Some wood furnaces, oddly enough those sold at tractor supply have an under fire air...
3200 sq ft house, rather large indoor wood furnace. Also the wife wants it at 75 in there, so the wood is a burning!!
Here is one of the positive reviews for this saw from Amazon. Kinda humorous Stihl Reference right out of the gate....he is experienced...
Cool. I live a little Southeast of the city, where is upstate for you?
Its been going down to near zero here at night....it will be a full cord week for this guy :dex: I love these cold snaps since I can show my...
I have an indoor wood furnace with a 40ft tall 8 inch diameter triple wall chimney. When I first fire it up, I will slide it over which holds it...
I certainly feel the joy from separating out the good stuff. Been right around the zero mark at night, and the house is cozy for hours.:dex:
The trees are down, the fence is still standing, and you apparently have nut injured yourself since you posted pictures, so I say :dex:
I suspect this thread has some impact due to geography and what species are around, coupled with how each persons stove operates. I have acres of...
Glad to see I am not the only one. The other day I pulled out some large beech and asked my wife is she remembered this tree. She looked at me...
So does anyone set aside a row or two of the good stuff for the cold nights? Since it is going below zero here I am grabbing a few for tonight's...
Sweet:dex:
what is off to the left that looks like 10 cans of insulation blew up? If none of my business, please feel free to say so.