I generally do not wear gloves unless it is well below freezing, so I may not be the best judge. With that being said, the other morning it was...
I was really looking forward to 20 cords close to home so I am a bit bummed. Wife is happy
So I finally got over to see the wood. I may take some flack, but I am going to pass. The logger pushed 4 different piles up,around the place...
Maybe I am spoiled, or thick headed, but I always stray from the low end tools of all kinds. We have all bought stuff from harbor freight, which...
we got a little over 18 inches from Monday morning thru last night. Was hoping we could get a few feet from this storm so I can use the...
I say everyone should cut from -20 and higher. I prefer a day below 20 deg f. While it forces me to wear gloves, I do not get hot as I dress...
The other guy passed, I will look at this Thursday and see what the skinny is. 20 real cords of logs is a fair amount for most guys.
Get out the 190 and wreck the trees. :dex:
:dex:
So if the stove is too small for the area, buying a new stove that covers the right area and burn at a moderate setting and the problem goes away....
One thing that can bother people is mold developing on piled wood. I refuse to bring any splits inside to sit if there is mold development. It...
The part numbers from Omega are below. Please note, I have an 8 inch chimney, so I got a 6 inch T/C. If you go to the omega page, these number...
I will post the info tomorrow. There will be a separate control circuit which will use the same signal, that signal will run the range on the...
Let's hope this post does not create any new differences of opinion. So last night I tried an experiment to since this thread is somewhat...
I use the low BTU stuff for weekends and shoulder periods, but as best I can tell its only 20-25% black walnut. Most of it is hickory, which...
Finally got all of the parts. Plan to install and debug this weekend. Doesn't look like $300 does it[ATTACH]
Maybe the best way to settle this is to all agree to disagree. My stove coals tremendously when I put 4 to 6 large (~10-12 inch) chunks of...
All hickory and Black Walnut
I will try to answer all of the questions above. I actually have acres of healthy trees, many of which are hickory. I burn a lot of wood each...
Good points, trust me this is not a simple yes or no. I figured I would toss this out there for the group for some reason and insight