How much wood are you ahead for the coming year(s)? You have the most posts with daily activity so i am guessing you have many cords piled up.:dex:
I would find a piece of curly maple, a large knot from an elm or oak, and try it and compare to what you have now. Anything will split a 12 inch...
damm, that looks awful. You must have been swinging damm hard for that to happen. Hate to ask, but were you wearing shorts or jeans? Guessing...
Ouch, sorry to hear you took such a hit. The simple things will always bit you first right. not to be morbid, but are there pictures. Its a...
Get a honda....if you can. :dex:
I did not hit my goal. Might have cut 1.5 to 2 cords of blocks. [ATTACH][ATTACH]
I wish I was like some of you guys and done cutting until fall. I try to space mine out some to avoid some of the painful honey do list items.
So the weekend here is supposed to be perfect for cutting, 60-70 and sunny. Maybe even a little warm. My plan is to block up several trees,...
I have a 3038E with a Norse 350 Winch and a Sundown Log Grapple. Works wonders for me!:dex:
Thank you for the post, I too am so sick of this weather. I have some large trees to drop and skid down a steep hill and want the ground to...
Darwinism at its finest.....glad you could help the guy, but what a lack of common sense.
I usually put racks on my truck for just this reason. I generally use the aluminum mesh rack from protech though. Super light and never rusts...
Norse 350 skidding winch:dex:
I am not sure if this belongs here, but I bought some gear from a solid online store (Bailey's) and they were hacked. My credit card was hacked...
Agreed. I have not dropped near as many as you, but sometimes things do not go as planned. Huge gust of wind, barber chair, terrain made you...
Looks like you run sharp chains, well done. I love seeing guys with the big rounds and there are half moons on the cuts !! :dex:
If you are at all concerned about the wedges doing the trick, you may want to consider using a come along in addition to the wedge. I have 5...
I just get them from the local Stihl dealer and they are between $5 and $10 I think, maybe less. I imagine someone on Amazon has some you can get...
I dropped 10 trees in the section near the house I am clearing, and have about 10 more to go. I have so much wood to cut and split this spring it...
I will post a few more pictures this weekend, but I put the hydraulic grapple on in place of the forks so I am now into hoarding mode full swing....