Local guy to my area, but a good reminder of taking a few seconds to scan the trees being dropped and maybe have a spotter. Officials identify...
I hear you guys on the nap. I am stuck in an office all week and the weekends are my time to enjoy life. Admittedly, I did sneak in a 5 minute...
Sad to admit it, but I did not even do one thing this weekend to add to the piles. No Cutting, no splitting, or stacking. I did walk the 25 acres...
:dex: Cash, grass, or ash right:dex:
Well done fellers:dex:
Good call, the offer is good to any on the FHC also. Factor of safety must be 2x so maybe he could do 4,000 lbs?? :dex:
Trust me, I will not do this if I think I will get hurt. Little tree, little hanger, will still cut this as if it were a 100 plus foot maple....
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I will sell you one of these today for $900 [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
backing it up will be a nightmare :)
oops, I was thinking more of a large landscape trailer, but i guess some of my thoughts still apply.
best thing to do is look for cracks and warps on the frame. Some people load trailers well beyond their ratings or worse. I check for cracks...
Split that son :dex:
So it must be mythical, I found a small hanger in the woods last night. 8 inch or so cherry, broke off about 20 ft up and laying in the...
cool cool. makes sense. I just picture being directly under the hanger, grabbing the rope. Hangers are mystical beasts right:dex:
Agreed, but to get a rope over and around it, I would think you would need to cinch it right? When you throw the rope or cable over it, it will...
Stupid question, is walking under the hanger and pulling down on the cable any more or less safe than cutting the trunk? :dex: Get out a shotgun...
For me, noodling large rounds does not make sense. It is rough on the saw to some degree and takes some time. There are two logical approaches...
Can you tie a cable with a solid come along 20 or so feet up the base on the beech? If so, I would tie it off a ways from the tree pulling to...
I feel like a moron, I meant to post my plans on here for the weekend and forgot. I did however split a large pile of rounds yesterday, which I...
well done sir:dex: