From a couple sources I just looked at, H 78 appears to be Oregon BPX. Semi chisel cutter and I believe they have a small safety bumper. Very...
I’m not certain either. I do believe that saw was running .325 .050 gauge. And a 20” bar would normally be 78DL.
[ATTACH]
Not at all, but to each his own. For the most part, the average firewood cutter won’t put enough hours on a saw for it to be an issue. It’s the...
The guy doing the testing was hung up on that also. So he dunked a few crankshafts in different brands of oil and put them in open ziplock bags in...
Paint stripper is probably the quickest and most consistent way of removing it. I used a Cabot paint stripper one time to remove a clear finish...
I would do kind of like others have said and just take off 1/4 inch at a time. I would leave the very bottom of the spike in the same plane and...
Showed signs of wear but still usable. I bought a new loaded short block and transferred everything over
Husky 562xp
[ATTACH] 2017 562xp. Belongs to a tree service friend. Estimated 300 hours. Run on ope oil at 50:1 from new. Piston and cylinder were clean
Yes to both. Not so much from 50 to 40. But if a fella was running 80:1 and it was tuned on the edge, and then switched to 32:1 without...
$10-12/qt isn’t a bad buy for oil. Guessing the stuff you used is Amsoil Saber. I mix it all at 32:1. Oddly enough, the piston and cylinder would...
Lol
Mtronic searches several times per second for the highest rpm in the wood. Some models have a heat sensor built into the coil also. It’s a...
You can. If it’s the newer 661 with the V3 coil and solenoid on it, it will calibrate the saw to your new given parameters. On the older saws, it...
You can drill the spot welds and remove the baffle, open behind the stock deflector, and add a small deflector on the recoil side. That would help
461....:thumbs: I picked up a set of these for full-time use on a tree service saw in Montana. No complaints so far, and about half the size of...
I suppose some of this is due to slightly less popularity, but I’ve never heard of a Cannon, Tsu, or Sugi bar that needed any rail work. :yes:
Pricey, but they’re the best there is. definitive dave is a Cannon dealer
There are several brands. Vallorbe, Save Edge, Bahco. Most use a profile called a double bevel [ATTACH]