5f here, dropping a few more by dawn, probably close to zero. Wanted to keep the hearth mass hot, so couldn't resist a sugar maple blaze built on...
Soon: [ATTACH] Viewing in the spear shack of a nice northern pike coming in from under my feet. But first: [ATTACH] Deer camp in our winter...
I have always loved winter, which for us is often half the year. I love the holidays, heightened appreciation of carefully prepared firewood, deer...
Hats off to all Veterans of our Armed Services. Thank you for your service to our country.
Yes that has happened a few times I am sure. I know of a guy who says that while in camp during shooting hours you should have your rifle handy at...
Was it a Michigan made Nu-Way stove by any chance? I have the gas model in my spear shack, and a friends dad has their wood burning model...Great...
Our carrots do well in the ground here until December. The ground here freezes solid down well over two feet over winter even with heavy snow. I...
I have noticed that deer can easily identify hunting from non-hunting human behavior. When I hunt on the ground I don't bother sneaking much at...
Where we hunt the deer don't hear or smell ATVs regularly during the entire year, except when we operate them during deer season, typically after...
I remember hunting long before ATVs. I have one, but the only time it is fired up is to haul out a deer I have dragged to a tote road...typically...
At cabin: 4 cords css dry (sugar maple. black ash and paper birch); 2 cords css sugar maple and paper birch seasoning for 2 years out; 1 cord dry...
We are holding at 42f now, but front is upon us now with steady light rain, which will be switching to snow overnight. Low of 5f by Monday...
Im with you guys...3:30am here. It is supposed to hit 40f here today before a big cool down through next week. I plan on doing a little shopping...
My wife and I just got back from Uncle Sheldon's 90th birthday party at the VFW. He was in good form, eating venison sticks and drinking Segram's...
Work then go to my uncle's 90th birthday party at the VFW, then after party for immediate family back at his house. Korean war infantry man...
Good Morning! With this time change I am trying my best to stay in bed until at least 3:30AM..I don't do as well staying in bed any longer than 6...
We are at 14f at this early hour, probably dropping to 12f soon, and heading for single digits early next week. Just south of here where they got...
As far as I know none of the guys here went south. These are all small operations, many single man operations as well. This gentleman is a typical...
Prior to the late 80s logging was big business in our area. Our logging industry in MN defiantly took a downturn during the last slowdown in the...
We broke all our planes too Steven! Along with many of our other toys. Many times the rebuilding and reconfigurations were a lot of fun, and good...