I just got off the phone with my spearing buddy who checked conditions today with an auger and tape measure. He found 5" under the bare ice along...
Single digits below zero here due to some cloud cover over night, but areas north of Brainerd, near Leech Lake MN hit -31f actual air temp this...
I have three brothers, and two sisters, who are adopted. I am the oldest. We are all similar in temperament, but have a lot of different...
I hear you regarding payload capacity. It does a good job with my quad in the bed, or hauling trailers with a few snowmobiles, or my fishing boat....
Thanks for book title Woodsman. That is one I am going to look for! I used to drive up to Lac Des Mille Lacs from our home in Hovland for a day of...
I enjoy snaring snowshoe hares on our land up north. The snares I have set around our home and garden at at house have yielded a mixed bag of...
It looks bigger than a bobcat, but hard to tell for sure. It also looks lighter and have less spotting than a bobcat. I can't see the ears well...
I was just gifted this exact same stove from my brother-in-law. It is only going to used to take the chill out with a fire or two a day during...
Way to go Sean. I love that scenery and nice little laker. I was out yesterday on 5", but during my checking I found a few spots under 2" so...
You are right. It is 37f right now at almost 4 AM here. It will be -16f at this time in a few days or so, on top of 4-6" of new snow.
Hope it keeps up for you. If or when it doesn't, remember the black electricians tape to "fix" it. :thumbs: Horkin the Badgers are looking good...
Yes we are 18 miles northeast of Grand Marais. We lived and raised our three children there until 1998, and still own property there, and our off...
I know what you mean about the dentist. I never had any teeth problems until about age 50, and then needed two crowns within a few years. I never...
How are you keeping the rust monster at bay rottiman? We had a 2004 Suburban that really got it bad. My brother has it now and it looks pretty...
We get them at work at the clinic each year. Our nurses do it. The only shots that ever bothered me were penicillin shots in the rear end as a...
Awesome truck. What is it? Love the tire pressure warning light. I put electrician tape over it on our vehicles (2002 Impala, 2010 corolla, 2006...
Yes. fillet. freeze at least 48 hours to kill broad fish tapeworm that pike can harbor, then thaw. Then pickle.
I forgot to add that it is now recommended to freeze the cut up fish for 3 days in order to kill any parasites. As a child we never did this,...
They are really good. Take three to four 22"-24" pike. Fillet, and cut up into 1" chunks. Bones are fine, they will dissolve. Make a brine of...
The frame rust issue was worst on some 1st generation Tundras. These were frames sourced by the Dana corporation from what I have heard. The...