Hi Eckie. Welcome! Wood can not be too dry. The Norwegian Wood Institute has done studies which are highlighted in the book "Norwegian Wood" by...
That time in our area of northern MN has long since passed Maina. We purchased that house, which was our first home, in 1989. After raising our 3...
Right on! I keep a single shot handi-rifle in .223; a old single shot 20ga; and a Mossberg .410 pump up there at all times for "yard work." The...
No kidding. We paid $55,500 for our first home and 20 acres. No way am I spending that amount for a depreciating asset. Like you I will put the...
That is true. Here they need to be oiled/rustproofed and kept up with, or they die of rust cancer prematurely. My buddy has a T100 that he has...
-4f outside. The birch and sugar maple in the hearth is blazing away, doors are shut, the mass is hot, and warming us nicely.
I went to work conference in San Francisco in August one year thinking I wouldn't need a jacket. Well, I had to buy one when I was out there due...
I routinely head out ice fishing first thing in the morning up in -20f air temperature. If it is not windy, standing outside (dressed properly),...
Awesome score Sourwood. I always bring along my S&W 617 when we go to the cabin. It has done a lot of work up there at the gavel pit, on pests, as...
I got a another good youtube channel for you guys. He coves a lot of martin trapping, rabbit snaring, ice fishing and hunting for seals, ptarmigan...
Another story for you Backwoods Savage since we are on the topic: I learned to ice fish Lake Superior for lake trout and whitefish on the the...
2 cords a year. One at home in the fireplace, and one at our cabin which is our only heat source. We are up there a lot year round and we are 15...
You are right! It is a serious matter this ice business. One year we were out on the lake the day a truck broke through weak ice over a known...
That looks like a nice playground for you and your interests Woodsman. A oasis of wilderness with woods and lakes.
If a man can walk on it, it will hold an ATV due to distributed weight over four wheels. I am talking about a 350 to 650 cc ATV, not a huge side...
It is required that the owner pay for removal of the vehicle. Believe it or not, depending on the insurance company, they will pay for it.
When you say you looked it up, do you have access to some sort of CT state department of natural resources web page? We have what is called a...
That is crazy. The problem with 5" in one spot means there is less somewhere else. I have seen people drive on 7" , but that is not for me. I...
Nice Lake Woodsman. It is beautiful. From what you said, it reminds me of our northern lakes with the blueberries and wilderness setting. I fish...
Beautiful picture Woodsman. What you fishing for on that lake? Is it the pike lake you mentioned before?