Good morning fellow FWHC early birds! I am heading out in about 30 minutes or so to check a few lakes near home and do some ice fishing today....
There is still plenty of time for some cold and ice for you and your fishing there. :thumbs:
We hit 30f here today. Its been warm. I hadn't been spearing in 10 days and there was only 2" of new ice in my hole this morning. Typically there...
Coffee is good Brandon Scott! My wife is getting me some as I type this! Good Morning fellow early risers :salute:...
The videos posted are good. Initially this was only supposed to be a temporary operation, but it had continued until mid-December. I haven't...
The best investing advice I got was to pay yourself first, automate your contributions to the maximum possible, and invest into what ever asset...
[ATTACH] Ice is holding up fine. An old timer drove out in his Buick Regal on 8" of ice to see how I was doing. Great guy to visit with with...
[ATTACH] Got one 28" this morning. [ATTACH] Smallest bluegill I have ever seen. I found it on floor of darkhouse after I speared the pike....
Awesome thread Casper. You got yourself a reliable workhorse vehicle now that you fixed it up. We had a Pug on our 120 woods when I was a...
billb3 mentioned using a splitter. The though has started to cross my mind over the last year, related to shoulder issues myself, but then again,...
We are mired in a warming trend. It barely touched freezing overnight. It is supposed to stay cloudy due to all the melting going on so that is...
When the logger I mentioned was logging our land at age 85, he told me that he planned to go until 90. He said, "if I retire I am afraid I will...
I told my buddy recently, "if you ever see me jogging/running, please kill whatever is chasing me." Same for treadmills and gyms...its not going...
Now at 55 years of age, I can defiantly relate to ibuprofen, along with ample water. The next day I notice more stiffness now than 10 years ago,...
Good Morning folks! T.Jeff Veal you are at work already, correct? Marvin, you and I will be going in early to work. Hopefully you guys are getting...
I cut spruce and balsam off our land after it falls on our trails, starts to shade our gardens, or is in the way when making trails. We burn it...
Yesterday I helped my spearing buddy get his dark house set on the lake. We sat in respective spots for 2 hours without a fish seen. Our lake is...
Things here, fishing-wise are getting off to to the slowest start to a season for me since 2005. At least it has been trouble free getting my, and...
17f this morning, heading up t0 40f, and 45f tomorrow, then 30s all next week for daytime highs. It is going to below freezing every night during...
I remember when when vehicles were available in a bare bones configuration. Power windows and locks were options, and stick shifts were called a...