Congratulations military parents and grandparents. Our son is a US Army medic and Sargent. He did his basic training at Ft. Sill, medic training...
There is some concern that West Nile Virus could be impacting grouse populations in the midwest. I have seen no evidence of this in our area, but...
I just got this stove for free from my brother-in-law, which I just put in the bunk house at our cabin. I believe it is from the mid to late 80s....
Technically not today, but over the last few days: [ATTACH] Freshly cut sugar maple and paper birch we got stacked under the overhang of an...
Mid 40s and more rain here. I was up at our cabin this past weekend with the guys for grouse camp, and we had rain, snow and wind gusts to 43mph...
82f and humid here. It had been cool. Now my cement in the garage is sweating pretty good. The house is still cool inside. Thankfully a cold...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] We just got back in town from Kokomo Indiana where I attended the annual Viet Nam veteran's reunion camp out and get together...
[MEDIA] [MEDIA] We lost another one from the soundtrack of our youth. I just found out they were still making new music as recently as 2011.
I started out duck hunting and was very into it through high school and college. My buddy and I had wonderful waterfowl hunting in SW MN on...
We were down on Mississippi around Wabasha MN today for a couples pontoon boat fishing excursion on the backwaters. The ladies talked while my...
It is pretty simple. Add 4 tablespoons canning or sea salt to 2 quarts water. Add cukes, fresh dill, a whole head of crushed garlic, and one hot...
[ATTACH] Orange finned beauty
Anyone else doing any fermenting? I have my fourth crock of garlic dill cukes going right now. They are my family's favorite way to make pickles...
One of our couple friends took my wife and I on a pontoon ride and some fishing on the Mississippi river today between Wabasha MN and Lake Pepin....
The 4 wheel drive Sienna is a great vehicle. My brother and his family own one that has been very reliable and good in the snow for sure.
After our third was born we ended up switching from a dodge caravan to a chevy Suburban. It offered a lot more room for long trips, including...
An old timer I know who has since passed away told me not to wait for my golden years to start doing at least some of the things I want to. For my...