:BrianK:Get that hackberry split and off the ground, it rots quickly.
Wow! Chief that's a lot of wood! Nice score man. You gonna be busy :axe:& :stacker: for a while!
Yep, yellow green inside when first split, tulip.
Well, not so far. I ain't so old or lazy to use that method.....yet. At 64 years old I still gather 4 or so splits at a time in my arms and toss...
I run a 25" combo on mine. Now that it's running the way it was designed to run it's a mean tree eating machine! For the really big stuff I have...
Dat do sux my brother! Best of luck gettin' ah new pump. You may just get lucky and find another, cheeper source for that pump.
Careful der pup! You's lible ta burns you snout! :eek:
I have a lowly County Line 25 ton I bought this summer. I had been splitting by hand for many, many years prior to that purchase. I'm amazed how...
I noodled a bunch of red oak and ash today to make sure the 661 is working properly. After several trips to the shop and bringing the Stihl...
Wood, dogs and beer....you're in the club for sure! Welcome, welcome, welcome! :handshake:
I have a catalytic stove, with a 2 cubic foot fire box, and had problems, in the first two seasons keeping the catalyst temperatures in the normal...
The sap wood is so far gone that it looks like locust. White and red oak can lay in the woods for decades and the heart wood is just as solid as...
Black locust?
I have 2 Sihl saws, 362 & 661, with those and never had a problem with them.....yet!
Wish you were closer! I need a climber to drop a large limb from a very large ash before i can fell the whole thing.
Looks like ash.
Got the 661 back yesterday, too late to try it out. Turns out the Stihl regional guy picked up the saw from the local dealer and took it to their...
Tacoma and a BX 2660 but no rope or cable....yet.
Thanks for the sound advice. After the company departs I'm going to spend some 'quality time' re-evaluating that tree. I'd rather drop it up hill...
:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: