My wife funded this KickStarter project. We finally got around to installing them in our garage (had to wait to get drywalled and painted)....
All good ideas. This way works very well for me. The cinder blocks keep constant weight on the stack as the wood shrinks, so I don't have to...
Now you know why it's so addictive! :cool: Ultimately, I'm a cheap bugger. :whistle: If I really wanted to get it kiln-dried, I know a guy who...
Here's the final stack with Augie guarding it. .Time to let mother nature work her magic and dry it out. [IMG] [IMG] My final tally is: 924...
That's for the whole amount. The stuff in the truck we knocked out in about and hour this morning. Under ideal conditions, that mill can put out...
Yep. It gets addictive. I have done well over 3000 board-feet in the last 8 years of various trees that have fallen in my forest or that I've...
4 hours including setup time for the mill.
Here's the total of the lumber we sawed today in the bed of the truck. The pile on the right of this pict is the shorter boards from last week...
We finished up today. We made 26 @ 2x4's, 12 foot and a bunch more random width 1 1/8 boards. Here's a little video of the mill in action....
Definitely 60 cc! No question asked. My friend who is a full time arborist uses stock 200T and a 361 for every except stumping.
Oops. Didn't notice you already have a 40 cc. Definitely 60 cc.
Ported 50 cc. Higher chain speed. Sharp chain beats dull no matter how many cc's..
It's not apples to apples. 261 is more about speed and the 361 has more torque, it think. Both get the job done, they just feel a little different.
Here's my two cents... I own an MS261CM ported by Randy Evans (a.k.a.Mastermind, El Moobs) and a stock MS361. On paper, these should perform...
Looks like a stout axe. It will definitely shine with a little touch up. Just remember to lower the included angle at the edge.
Looks like the mill got a request for beams shorter than their normal stock. I once got a pallet load of 4/4 walnut shorts (3-4 ft) from a mill....
Should be about $0.30/ bd-ft., give or take. If I ever need it kiln dried, I know a guy who does is for about $0.20 / bd-ft. That just doesn't...
Why thank you very much. I've done this several times now, so I've got my method down pretty good. Once the last boards are cut and stacked on...
TLandrum at Wicked Work Saws or Dozer Dan if you want Jred/Husq. Mastermind is good for just about any brand Stihl/Husq/Echo... but he's always...
Cool video! Since you asked, try to using a tripod or such. I was getting a little seasick watching.