Black locust and white oak both contain a large number of tyloses in their vessels (BL>WO) which is largely responsible for the water- and weather...
Locust or Teak will last a more than a lifetime. White oak will last at least a lifetime and costs a lot less.
Finally got the gate finished and mounted. [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] Those of you with sharp eyes will notice that the bottom "guide" is missing. I...
White Oak (not red) has very good weather resistance. Won't find it at HD, but it should be easier to find than black locust at any local lumber...
Often you can find similar bull rope on sale, but it's still a great value at regular retail. Also, you can use the coupon code "arborist" for...
no need for eye splices in a rigging rope.
I'm no expert, but I've had good luck with this TreeStuff - Husky 1/2" Bull Rope by All Gear
You didn't ask, but I can definitely recommend the DR (Earth & Turf) 3pt log hitch. It's a simple, heavy-duty fixture with a hook for a chain log...
Awesome machine!!!! More pictures please. Them Mahindras are absolute monsters. They really have amazing value with a ton of power and weight...
I don't know. I have never done that.
Yep. Your 346 is one sweet ride.
As you know, Randy Evans ported my 261, so I think it should be an O.K. job. Racing is not firewooding.
Phew! Finally got all the firewood from these trees C/S/S today, total fo about 2/3 cord. Took advantage of a pleasant drop in temperature and...
P.S. I have run the 261 in hard woods up to 20" and it will handle it fairly easily. I just like the feel of the 361 in the 12-16" range. Above...
Well.. let's see. I have an MS261 ported by MM and a stock MS361 and run 3/8th chain on both. I've never officially raced them, but they do feel...
Nice work. Beautiful mill. What species of wood did you make the 4x4s from?
Fair enough. I respect any legal and ethical harvest. I think that this post brought up some strong emotions from from some bad experiences I've...
Really? Are we trying to decide "how small can I go" for white tailed deer and are we debating double-lung/heart vs. neck/head? Listen, any...
In general, I agree. Under IDEAL circumstances, Husq's will cut faster. However, the vast majority of us "weekend warriors" can't run a saw...
P.S. I may be able to send you a chain for testing purposes...