Dad and I got back over to our CL score. We got the second tree cut and loaded by lunch time and after lunch, unloaded and bucked on the pile. Now...
Dang nice load there fess! Some straight grain stuff!
I've seen willow oak before but don't remember ever cutting it. When I cut the first section of that trunk I was amazed at how beautiful the grain is.
The trailer has hydraulic power tilt so the weight of the log doesn't set the trailer flat if that's what you mean.
Hopefully tomorrow morning if the rain holds off
If it's a decent looking yard we'll cut some roller logs to winch the log across the grass. But in most cases we just back up, tilt the trailer...
I just realized I wrote pin oak but they were actually willow oaks. :whistle:
Yessir!
Ahhh got me there! Lol yea running would've taken a while. I usually don't bother with CL but this time I figgerd why not since it was close.
I contacted a lady who posted an ad for free oak. Most ads for free wood around here are gone within hrs if it's hardwood so I figured it was...
Hard boiled egg??
Well Seasoned here's a link to the new map. http://www.njparksandforests.org/parks/maps/wharton_map_web_version.pdf They've already started...
http://www.njpinebarrens.com/your-forest-under-attack-road-closures-in-wharton-state-forest/ This is basically my back yard. They've already...
I usually find all kinds of hardware (screws, nails bolts) but occasionally something neat shows up. Today I found an old insulator almost into...
Well I didn't end up buying the saw but it had pretty darn good compression (160lbs) . Right after I put the saw back together, the owner called...
Ain't nothin better than the wood coming to you! That's a nice load
Here's a few pics of the saw [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Thanks for the info guys. I ordered the two pack of damp-rid in your link gbreda and i'll spray the interior panels like you said imacman. I...
Yea I couldn't have asked for a better scroungin partner! We both heat 1o0% with wood and both have old smoke dragons so we blow through some...
Yeah i plan on pulling the muffler also. Just a standard handle unfortunately. Thanks for the info guys. Im trying to talk another co worker...