I don't fell trees that often. I use the Humbolt notch. Im thinking this keeps the tree butt from going backwards as it falls. Plus the bottom...
X2. I've only split a small amount of such back in the Winter.
I was out of cherry here and brought in a couple heaping wheelbarrows full yesterday. Split off the bark with my little electric splitter. Ill...
I threw a number at them and they agreed. I think it was $80 round trip. I used to go by the mile sort of the way you do, but now I'll check...
Mulberry shards. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I started doing that with barkless BL 2-3 years ago. If I know wood will generate lots of shards I'll have an...
No, not a beer diet! :rofl: :lol:
Tried some raw turkey sausage using hickory. Couple hours plus and they were tasty. Even tastier as I've been on a liquid diet all week and the...
Good deal. I've stacked wood based on the chart and it is pretty accurate. Harvest down to 4" diameter. Most tree guys go down to 6-8" from...
X2. Rather simple to IME.
Yes that is an expensive cord, right MikeInMa? Did they buck it to length for you? If you measure the DBH and its 16" tree will yield a half...
Id be all over that too. Nice find and good eyes! :thumbs:
Theres a similar red oak in back of my mother's former property like that. I built a tree fort in it and had a field day with a hammer and...
Thats what were here for! :D :handshake: and aren't we considered family???...dysfunctional yes,:wacky: but still family!
I can count pear and MB sales on two hands combined for YTD. I had an inquiry for my 1/4 cord of MB on FBM. Turns out they bought a half cord of...
Thats the FHC capitalist spirit! :salute: I found a tightly packed bag of mulberry splitter shards today at storage and will post those up for...
Good memory that will last for decades. I milled some ERC that was saved from stepdaughters place. Made some lattice and used the boards for...
Wish I had an answer for you. With my set up I can only bring in bucked rounds and maybe skinnies in length. Great that you have room for them....
Another repeat customer. Apple, hickory, mulberry AND I sold a bag of per nuggets! :makeitrain"Catchin' up to you in the pear category!:dancer:...
Keep on hoarding the dead stuff. :tree: Much left near work? More TOH at Joe's.
Im sure you've hit your share of metal and other undesirable stuff over the years Joe. What's your worst chain destroying story? First for me...